products disappeared after the hikashop update

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 1 month ago #304998

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mtsicurezza.com/index.php?option=com_hik...g&Itemid=108&lang=it
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40

Good morning. After the Hikashop update, the products in the categories disappeared. I can navigate in the categories both from the menu and from the module, but I only see the categories and sub-categories. Entering a category that contains products the product list is empty.

By deleting the menu item and creating it the same, the navigation has recovered.
In the module the behavior has remained the same, it allows me to see the categories, to navigate in the sub-categories, but when I get to the products the list is empty.

I compared the URLs generated by the menu and the component and I realized that the only thing that changes is the value of the ITEMID parameter.
While in the menu it is 184 and allows me to see the products, in the ITEMID module it is 108.

To overcome the problem I set the parameter value in the file /modules/mod_hikashop/mod_hikashop.php fixed at 184:

if ($ type == 'manufacturer') $ type = 'category';
[b]  $ Module_options ['itemid'] = '184';[/b]
  if (empty ($ module_options ['itemid']) && $ type == 'category' &&! hikaInput :: get () -> getVar ('hikashop_front_end_main')) {

has anyone had the same problem and solved it?
Why does the module take an ITEMID different from the one taken from the menu?

Thanks, see you soon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 1 month ago #305002

Hi,

This indicates that you the menu item you deleted was selected in that module in the setting "menu" of the module. So you need to reselect your new menu item in that setting of the module and that way you won't have to force it in the code of the module.

5 years 1 month ago #305034

Hi Nicolas, thanks for the info.
it's just like you said. The module pointed to a non-existent menu.

But I wonder how he managed to change the menu following the update.
Is it a new function of the module that took a default value since it was not specified in the previous version?

Thanks again, have a nice day!

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 month ago #305044

Hello!

I want to share the following for everyone who has the same problem as the title of this topic.

I also had the problem that the product list was not showing. Thru this topic I knew I had search in one of the menu"s.
In the 'HikaShop hidden menu' I have an item 'Categories'. In the settings of this menu-item there is an section called "display product properties". Since the last version a new item is added to this section: "show wait list button". Once I set it to "Yes", the product list showed up again. Then I set it back to "No" and the product list still shows. So, what was the problem? It took me several hours to find this strange solution.

Greetz!

5 years 1 month ago #305039

Hi,

@mtsicurezza:
No, that menu setting was already there before. And it was set to a menu item you had configured. But after the update you deleted some menu items, including the one that was selected in that menu setting and thus it then pointed to a non existent menu.

@bertdynamica:
With the 4.0.3 update, we introduced the filtering of the modules per language for several settings of HikaShop so that you can now translate modules without have to resort to thrid party extensions.
Unfortunately, due to an issue with Joomla updates from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.x, menu items created in 2.5 and not saved since before the update to Joomla 3.x could sometimes have their language parameter set to empty instead of *, which is the default in Joomla 3 and should always be * unless set otherwise by the user. The patch we made for the language filtering didn't take that into account as we didn't know about that glitch. This resulted in the products listing not being visible for categories listing menu items in some cases. And yes, saving the settings of the menu item would actually fix the problem as it would properly set the language parameter.
We've added a patch since then to take that into account. So if you're faced with the same issue, just download again the install package on our website and install it on yours to get the patch, or just save your categories listing menu items once.

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

5 years 1 month ago #305057

hi Nicolas.
I have not deleted any menus after the update. It simply worked neither the menu at the component in the top menu, nor the hikashop module with the list of categories.
Only after several attempts I changed the menu in the top menu and this started working again.

however the important thing is to be able to find a solution.
Thanks and happy Sunday.

5 years 1 month ago #305069

Hi,

I want to believe you. It's just that you said that you deleted menu items yourself in your first message:

By deleting the menu item and creating it the same, the navigation has recovered.

That's why I thought you did.

5 years 1 month ago #305075

Hi Nicolas, I absolutely didn't want to scold you, God forbid! You're helping me!, I'm sorry, unfortunately my limping English (eight years of French at school) means that I am not really clear in posting.
What I wanted to see in the previous messages is that:
1) I have updated hikashop.
2) After the update the display of the products no longer worked, neither from the menu in the top menu nor from the module. On the form I regularly browse the categories, but when I arrive at products I see nothing.
3) going to change the type of menu I managed to make it work again, probably because changing the configuration I overwrote the previous one that didn't work.
4) for the module I had to set the id id because it could not make it work.
5) after your precious help I actually saw that the module pointed to the wrong menu, not published. I removed the code changes, set the correct menu, everything works.
Thanks again, good week, hello

5 years 1 month ago #305077

Hi,

No worries. Thanks for clearing up the situation. It's indeed strange that the module would point to an unpublished menu and you didn't had an issue with it before.
As you said, the important thing is that everything is ok now :)

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds