Single Dropdown custom field issue with many values

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 1 week ago #305777

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Hello,

I created a Single Dropdown product custom field with 77 values.
Values names are numbers (1,2,3 etc), the problem is that if a product has a specific value selected (for example value 5), that correct value shows up in the frontend and in the database table, but if i enter the backend of that product, the value that seems to be selected is the default value of that field.
Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 1 week ago #305802

Hi,

What you highlight in your screenshot of the frontend product page is the name of the product, not the value displayed by the custom field.
I suppose that you didn't save yet that product. So in the backend you get the default value selected in the dropdown, but as long as you don't save it once, the value of the custom field is empty in the database and it doesn't show up on the frontend product page.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 week ago #305842

Hi nicolas,

the value is saved in the database, it's not empty and it's the correct value saved there.
The values in the custom field are now up to 933.
When i edit the product in the backend, the custom field value that is selected is not the correct one (a.k.a the one i saved first).
I noticed that when a custom field has a big set of data in it, it doesn't save and has issues such as this one i'm telling you.

Thank you

5 years 1 week ago #305843

Hi,

I've never seen such issue.
Please provide a backend access and a FTP access along with a link to this thread and precise instructions to reproduce the problem so that we can have a look at the situation.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 1 week ago #305873

Hi,

We got a username and a password from you via our contact form.
However, I was not able to log on the backend of the website with it.
There was also no FTP access nor instructions in your message to reproduce the problem.
Coudl you double check the backend access and provide the rest of the information please ?

• Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #307126

Hi nicolas,

i sent you via email all the credentials.

Thank you

4 years 10 months ago #307129

Hi,

The max_input_vars of your php.ini is set to 1000. So your PHP won't take into account the parameters after 1000.
Because you have a lot of values in these custom fields, you go over that limit and thus the new values are discarded.
You'll have to increase that setting if you want to continue adding more values.
You can check the value of that setting under the "PHP information" tab of the System>System information menu of your Joomla backend.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #307141

Hi nicolas,

max_input_vars is not set to 1000 but to 1000000.

Thank you

4 years 10 months ago #307143

Hi,

It was set to 1000 when I looked yesterday... It has been changed since then.
And when I check your custom fields, I'm now able to add values, so it means that the problem was fixed by that change.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #307153

Hi, the problem is not that not save new data on field.
But if you add on a product one value from this field save the rigth value on the database but if you go out of the product and back in product have select a difrent value on this field, the frist value
and if you save the product with some chage elseware they change the value of this field.

thank you

4 years 10 months ago #307155

Hi,

Well, you had two problems then.
Regarding the problem with the field value not being selected when you come back to the product, that's because you have an inconsitency on your website which should not be possible.
In your custom field Diastasi you have a D uppercase. However, HikaShop doesn't allow uppercase when you create a new custom field and in the database you correctly have a d lowercase for the column in the hikashop_product table.
So I don't understand how you ended up with a D uppercase in the column name of the custom field.
You need to edit the the entry of the custom field in the hikashop_field table via your phpmyadmin and change the field_namekey to lowercase and it will work.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds