Language file editing doesn't do anything.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 14 hours ago #305963

-- url of the page with the problem -- : infuzia.lv
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3

Hello,
im trying to edit language file but when i do nothing changes.
During checkout where you should type your name i want to it to be in my language, even tho language file is in my language and everything else works i cant seem to find the issue. Here's some screenshots.
prntscr.com/nfgiwt
prntscr.com/nfgjq5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
5 years 3 hours ago #305970

Hi,

First, please note that you have HikaShop 4.0.2, not 4.0.3.
The 4.0.3 version actually has a new interface for language file overrides so you might want to give it a go.

The search of the browser is probably not able to search in the popup. But the text you're looking for is in the translation file.
Copy it in a text editor on your local computer and search for it there and you should find it.

Note that there are two other ways to change that text:
- Instead of going through the HikaShop language override area, you can use the Joomla language override:
docs.joomla.org/Help39:Extensions_Langua...nager_Overrides_Edit
It is compatible with HikaShop.
- Since apparently your website is only in one language, you could directly edit the custom field via the menu Display>Custom fields and change the text of the title of the custom field.

• Thank you received: 747
4 years 11 months ago #305986

Hi,

I think Nicolas has overlooked that the "texts" marked in the first screenshot are not from a language file, but instead the labels of the address fields. Those can be edited in the HikaShop backend -> Display -> Custom fields, then look for and edit the labels of the respective fields in the "address" table.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds