Plugin Versions // how check for changes

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 11 months ago #306436

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0

i noticed in three plugins what i use that i do not see if there are updates or modifications.
as sample, after the version 4.1.0 comes out i want to check if the plugins "attachpdf", "reminder" and "ReCaptcha v2" get some update to.
but i do not see any version numbers here, see on my attached image:

how can i check of there are some update made in these plugins?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
4 years 11 months ago #306471

Hi,

The ReCaptcha v2 has an update to allow for the invisible mode of ReCaptcha. The others don't.

The versioning of these plugins is a bit lacking for now. We'll try to improve that in the future. But normally, there is no reason to update these plugins in the long run unless you migrate to Joomla 4. They should continue to work with future versions of HikaShop even if you don't update them. It's just that you won't get the new features (like the invisible mode) but not much is added to these plugins usually.

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 11 months ago #306479

thank you for your answer.

in my opinion you should also keep a changelog for plugins. since hikashop is a webshop application i would like to know where and when which changes are made.
without the corresponding info about the changes i have a bad feeling as a user if i am at the latest and safe state of the art.
i would very much appreciate it if you also introduce at least versions numbers for the plugins here.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds