Configuration settings not saved - goes to blank page with header and footer.

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #307517

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome / Edge / FireFox - all updated

This is really weird. When I made a change to one of the Configuration settings and clicked 'Save and Close', it went to a page with only the header and footer sections but the changes were not saved. I've downgraded the PHP from 7.2 to 7.1 but the same results.
When I view the page with 'Maximum' error warnings set and inspect the page with developer tools, the 'g-main' has this "404 View not found [name, type, prefix]: redirectonlogin, html, redirectonloginView"

At this point, I am totally baffled why this is happening. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 9 months ago #307527

Hi,

Check the plugins of the group "system" on your website. You must have one for the redirection after login.
Try to disable it and see if you still have the problem.
It might be a conflict in that plugin's code.
Otherwise, issues with the saving of the configuration often comes from restrictions on the number of parameters or some false positive flag on a security system of the hosting. But normally, you discover that when you setup the website. If it was working before, then I don't think that it comes from that.

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #307562

Nicolas,

I did find that the Redirect on Login plugin was enabled so I disabled it. Cleared the admin cache, went back to HIkaShop Configuration, made the change I needed and clicked Save and Close but got the same 404 page error. I clear the admin cache again, opened HikaShop Configuration, immediately clicked 'Closed' and got the same 404 page error.

So I backed up the site, downloaded HikaShop Business 4.10, reinstalled and tried the same sequence as I did above. Same result.

FYI, error reporting was on Maximum but no messages were displayed.

So I tried this same sequence on MS Edge and FireFox browsers but got the same 404 page.

Then I optimized and repair all tables via phpAdmin and tried again but got the same 404 page.

At this point, I've exhausted my puny brain and clueless what to try next.

Any other ideas?

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by LukeDouglas.

4 years 9 months ago #307577

Hi,

So do you mean that you didn't have the problem before updating your HikaShop to the 4.1.0 ?
I don't see how you can have an error on the redirect on login view not found when the extension corresponding to this is disabled.
There must be something else.
Could you provide a backend access along with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we could have a look at the situation ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

4 years 9 months ago #307891

Hi,

The issue comes from a security system on your server which clear the parameters of the request because the "address format" setting contains a bit of PHP.
I've added a patch on our end to remove that field when no change has been made to it. That will prevent the security system from kicking in for no reason.
Download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and that will fix the problem.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds