Hikashop Starter not sending order conformed email after PayPal purchase

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #310103

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error message

Good evening to all,

I'm setting up Hikashop Starter and have worked through several configuration and customization issues successfully. So first I want to thank you for a very complete and usable Joomla extension, especially for non coders like me.

Here is my issue: I am using the HikaShop Paypal payment plugin. When the buyer checks out and goes to the PayPal payment page I get an order created email saying that "Your order will be processed as soon as your payment is received." I understand this is normal, so far so good. However, when the buyer makes the purchase no conformation email is sent to the buyer. I can go to the Hikashop Orders page and change the status to "Confirmed", fill out the pop up window and a confirmation email with a download link for the purchased product is sent to the buyer.

I configured the PayPal payment plugin including setting the "Verified status" option to "Confirmed. I have included a screen shot of this for confirmation.

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Can anyone tell me how to set up the emails so that an email is sent with confirmed status after a PayPal purchase is made?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 8 months ago #310113

Hi,

After a payment, the payment gateway sends a payment notification request to your website. This is normally catched by the payment plugin which then changes the order status to the "verified status" automatically which triggers the sending of the email.
So if the order status is not changed to confirmed in the order, it means that there is a problem with the payment notification, and not with how your setup the emails.
It's possible that it doesn't happen for various number of reasons.
We actually have a list you can go through here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

4 years 8 months ago #310136

Hello Nicolas. Thank you for the reply and information you sent. I was able to determine the cause of not receiving the confirmation notice from paypal. My transactions were listed as pending. When I logged in to my account and "captured" the funds on the paypal order page the notification was sent and Hikashop sent the order conformed email. This problem solved.

However, this raises another issue I would like to ask you about. It doesn't seem right that I need to log in to my paypal business account and accept/capture the funds before the status is set to complete and the notice sent to Hikashop so it will send the confirmation email. I have had other websites in the past and have another active one now that don't require me to physically capture each transaction to have the funds posted to my account.

Can you give me any information that would help me understand why this is the situation with the payments coming in now from Hikashop? Is it something about the Hikashop e-commerce joomla extension? There seems to be a rule change in this situation that I have not had to deal with in the past. I would like to find a way to set this "capture" issue to make it happen automatically or just not happen at all as is the case on my other site. The other site just uses a paypal button generated on the paypal website and pasted into a page on my website. No "capture" issues with that.

I realize you don't work for paypal and can't give details on how to make their website work. If you have any information on how to configure Hikashop to function better in the situation described above or how to avoid the problems while using Hikashop I would appreciate what you can share with me.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 8 months ago #310142

Hi,

It's probably because you've activated the "enable validation mode" setting of the PayPal payment method in System>Payment methods.
This option is disabled by default and when you activate it, it requires a manual validation of the payments in the merchant account. If it's disabled, then the payments are automatically accepted.

4 years 8 months ago #310155

Hi Nicolas. Yes, you are correct. I deactivated the "enable validation mode" option and now the confirmation email i sent automatically as it should be. I thought term "enable validation mode" meant to enable automatic validation but it's just the opposite. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction on these issues.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds