Hi I have this problem after update to 4.2.2??

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312371

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.nordicdental.dk

Hi I have this problem after update to 4.2.2??

When I update my Danish langue in back-end it was changing from Danish to English view.

Last time with update I also had problems and you said it do not change settings, but now there is problems again?

The product page view has change also???
I had to remove or disconnect Hika social network plugin in order to make it look normal.

Br.
Peter

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Peter Kjeldsen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13059
4 years 5 months ago #312388

Hi,

Well, I would be happy to help, but I don't see any problem on your product page.
We didn't change anything in the social networks plugin between HikaShop 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 so I'm not sure what I can tell you to help you.
Could you provide a copy of the website where you would activate the plugin so that we could look at the situation ?

Regarding the language issue, I'm not able to reproduce it so if you want us to look into it we would need that you provide a backend and a FTP access to be able to check it out.

Updates indeed do not change any settings. Now we do modify many things from one version to another and between the customizations of the shop you have and the other extensions you have installed, or even the combination of settings you're using, it's always possible to get a problem we didn't expect. So if your HikaShop is heavily customized (like it's the case on your website), I would recommend to first test updates on a copy of your website before doing them on your live website. That way, you'll avoid messing up your live website in case something unexpected happens.
That's actually what any serious web agency maintaining websites for serious customers should do. We do it on our own website, and not just for HikaShop, but for any extension and even for Joomla updates. It takes time, but it has saved us a lot of down time on our website (mainly because of other extensions or Joomla updates changing things up in fact).

• Thank you received: 13059
4 years 5 months ago #312400

Hi,

Note that regarding the Danish language file we found some issue with the language file following new translations provided by a translator.
Donwload again the Danish language file here:  www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html
And then add it to the folder languages/da-DK/ of your website via FTP. It should then hopefully work properly.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313642

Hi Nicolas
Ok, now it is working again.
Thank you very much.
Br.
Peter

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds