• Thank you received: 10
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313791

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi,

I have a webshop setup and I want to use a filtering module with two custom fields filters. After some testing I noticed that the filters on a category list view only work if there is a menu item with type of "Products listing".

In de Hikashop configuration I have the SEF URL's set to "No, generate the URL's" because I don't want the client to temper with the URL structure.

The problem now is that the URL's generated by the "category list" menu item differ from the ones generated with the filter module using the "products listing" menu item. Is there a easy way to solve this as we need the filters to work al all categories?

I know the problem is more of a SEO thing. But learning the client how to setup Canonical URL's isn't an option in M.H.O.

Also if we could set the No index / No follow for the "Products list" menu item used by the filter it would be somehow fixed as Google wil only index the product URL's using the Category list menu item. But I noticed that turning the No index / No follow of the Products list menu item doesn't work. The meta tag is not added.

I hope you guys have a solution to try!

Regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 4 months ago #313802

Hi,

You could add one or several rules to your robots.txt to disallow the menu item you don't want to be indexed.

You could also set the "force canonical URLs on listings" to "use canonical URL and generate it if missing" in the HikaShop configuration.
In that case, just tell your client to browse for the product page on the frontend after creating a product. The system will then auto fill the canonical URL with the correct link. In fact, he doesn't even have to go to the product page, just the listing where that product page is listed with the correct URL.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313803

Hi Nicolas,

Please add the No Index / No Follow to the component so the Joomla menu settings are respected in Hikashop. That'll make Hikashop more flexible for SEO experts :-)

I Will check if the given options are workable for the client.

Thanks!

4 years 4 months ago #313805

Hi,

Yes. It's noted on our end.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313816

Hey Nicolas,

So the "No Index/No Follow" is a Joomla bug then? If you can tell me where to look, I'll ask our programmer to do a PR. Either way it would be nice if it was fixed though. Wouldn't you agree?

Cheers!

4 years 4 months ago #313834

Hi,

It's not a bug.
It's just not supported for now. Each time Joomla adds a new generic option for menu items, we have to add additional code to all the types of menu items on our end to support that new option.
So as I said, I've noted that on our end and we'll look at supporting that option in the future.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds