Add to cart link for variable products?

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 4 months ago #314005

-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2 starter
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.9
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Gents, I want to build a site that sells virtual variable products. Each product has a large description, for which I want to use Joomla articles. In each article I place the 'add to cart HTML link, to link it to the shopping cart. I have 3 variations for each product: free, small, large. The variation 'small' is the default variation for the product.

I notice that the 'add to cart link' links to only one variation, the free one. Once you hit the add to cart link, you automatically go to the registration page.

1- Can I create links that link to their respective variation?
2- Can I set it to the add to cart instead of to the registration page?

Out of the box (free version) I have not enough options on the product listing: An image, the price, the name and choose options. It would help me a lot if I can add a description to it. (and link it to an article with a longer description). Also I like to change the text in the button 'choose options' to 'choose version'. How do I do that?

At this moment I'm building with the starter on localhost. If what I need can be done with the commercial version, I'm more than happy to upgrade to the essential or business package.

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by josflachs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13070
4 years 4 months ago #314010

Hi,

1. Yes. In the URL of the add to cart link, just change the product_id to the id of the corresponding variant (you can see the id of the variants with the right column of the variants listing under the "variants" tab when you edit the product:
monosnap.com/file/a3zFSaPY9piiYGST2veW4VeNeZNJZ0

2. I suppose you mean "cart" and not "add to cart". You'll want to configure your checkout workflow under the "checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration in order to have the cart view on the first step of the checkout and the registration/login on the second one.

3. When you edit a products listing menu item via the Joomla menu manager, under the "products options" tab, you can select the item box layout. By default it's "image and title". If you select "image and description", you'll get the image, the name, the price the description and the choose options button. So you could do it like that, or you could use any other item box layout and edit its code via the menu Display>Views to add the description where you want it:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...-listing.html#180832

4. The text of the button can be changed with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

5. All of what I described can be done with any edition of HikaShop, including the Starter edition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds