Conditional Fields on product based on yes/no choice

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 2 months ago #315052

Hello,

I'm considering moving an existing store from Magenta1 to Hikashop, because I prefer Joomla framework and the flexibility it offers. The current store has customization options, so on the product page a logo can be added.

When a customer chooses a t-shirt, then he/she is asked if they want to add a logo. At this point, if they NO - nu further action required on the page. If the customer says YES - then, more options are given, such as:

- Location of the logo (front, back, right, left etc.)
- Image or text
-- If image, then the customer is given option to upload an image file
-- If text, then the customer is given option type his/her text, and choose a font (with a basic preview to indicate the font)

So, can this be achieved using Hikashop, and if so how? I would be purchasing the business edition for this project.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 2 months ago #315055

Hi,

Almost all of this can be achieved with Hikashop Business.
You can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields, in the backend and they will appear on the product details page on the frontend.
With them, you can have dropdowns, radios, file upload, text input, etc. And you can condition their display to the value of another custom item field thanks to the "display limited to" setting.
The only thing that you won't have by default is a preview of the selected font. However, you could do that with a "custom text" custom field for each font and limit the display of each one to the font value in another custom field for the selection of the font. Then, you would add a bit of CSS to set the font for each one so the text of each custom text would display with a different font as a "preview".
Or you could have something more dynamic were you would use the text entered and the font selected to generate a real preview with some javascript custom code. That's also possible, but you'll have to have a developer work on that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Northwest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds