4 years 4 weeks ago #316824

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera 67.0.3575.97
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error just advice required

Hi,
we're a Pharmacy and would like to know the best ways to;

1. Add in paid deliveries to customers (i.e. we would drive around and delivery medicines)
  2. Add in a simple telehealth option where people can book or click to chat and event video chat

What the best configuration for the first and the best integrations or addons for the second?

Many thanks and stay safe everyone.
Ian and Stu

p.s. This product rocks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
4 years 4 weeks ago #316828

Hi,

1. You could create a new shipping method via the menu System>Shipping methods and just set the fee you want in the "price" field.

2. I'm not familiar with video chat solutions. Looking online for a bit, I can see this solution:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/communic...rence/webcamconsult/
So maybe you want to try it out.
Now regarding the booking of a call I would recommend to get a dedicated solution, like skype.
Then, just set a product with a custom field of the table "item" and of the time 'advanced date picker" so that the customer can select a date and another custom item field for the hour selection as a dropdown, and then another one as a text for get the customer skype name.
That way, you can just call them from your skype at the hour/date selected by the customer.

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 3 weeks ago #316855

Hi,
it's funny because we're testing solutions using appointment booker and webcamconsult just as you have suggest. A couple of issues;

1. Calling people back using booked skype appointments gets zero take up. So a more real-time options is needed.
  2. Webcamconsult has the makings of something useful (e.g. virtual waiting room) but isn't user friendly plus it's language keeps reverting to Dutch for no reason AND it only works in a couple of browser types.

We were so close with that one! Investigaing JSocialChat next.

Thanks for the advice,
Ian and Stu

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds