MyParcel label and track

• Thank you received: 22
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Multisite
4 years 1 week ago #317649

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3

Hi Hikashop,

We have download the latest version of the myparcel "label and track" plugin and now we have an issue with the house number.

For your information we use the address_street2 for the house number. So clients can't forget to fill in the house number.

Therefore you gave us a custom code (myparcel.php) to add the number after the address_street like this:

This worked fine for the last year. But now with the updated plugin we get an extra line into the label.
See here?

I think more people could have this issue so it would be nice if you can have an option in the
backend from the plug-in where you can set Column name for the house number if you have this separated from the column address_street.

Like this:

Hope you can help us.

Kind reqards,
Lumiga

Kind regards,
Lumiga
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Lumiga.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 1 week ago #317650

Hi,

The modification should still be the same.
Can you please double check that you did the same modification as before ?
I suppose that previously, you had also removed the code:

if(!empty($order->shipping_address->address_street2))
			$consignment->setStreetAdditionalInfo($order->shipping_address->address_street2);
as the address_street2 field is already used for the second line of the address.
If we have more people doing that, I'm not against it. But so far, you're the only doing it. So it really looks like something you need and not others and we don't want to add extra options that are almost no use. It's more work for us to support the extra options, and more complex to setup for other users. And even these options wouldn't help you avoid code modifications since you would still have the address_street2 field added as "street additional info".

• Thank you received: 22
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Multisite
4 years 6 days ago #317724

Thanks Nicolas,

You where right, I forgot to remove that code, it's working perfect now!

About the separated house number.
I understand your side of the story. But I still think that it can be interesting for many shop owners to have a separate house number field as option because it is sometimes forgotten by customers and it takes time and money to correct it.

Anyway:
You are right that address_street2 should not be used because you already use it for the street additional info.
So I made a new custom field address_house_number to solve this problem and change all my custom codes.
Hopefully this will cause less problems and less code changes in the future. But I'm afraid I have to give it up completely if I ever want to use the google geocoding shipping plugin. But that's a concern for later when the small problems with that plugin are solved.

One question:
I will create a mass action to copy the values from address_street2 to address_house_number.
But is there anything else I have to do to update all the old orders and customer data?

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Lumiga

Kind regards,
Lumiga
Last edit: 4 years 6 days ago by Lumiga.

4 years 5 days ago #317725

Hi,

No, don't worry.The user addresses and order addresses are all stored in the hikashop_address, so your mass action will also update the addresses of orders you already have, so you'll be fine after you run your mass action.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumiga

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 3 weeks ago #331450

Hi.
Lumiga is not the only one anymore ;-)

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 week ago #331714

Hi,
I'm also struggeling with the house-number. People tend to forget. :(

3 years 1 week ago #331715

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
We'll look at adding an option for that soon.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OnslaughtUK

• Hikashop Essential
2 years 8 months ago #334957

The same here with the house-number people tend to forget.

Thanks

2 years 8 months ago #334959

Hi,

This has been added a few months back.
If you already have the MyParcel plugin installed, you can download its latest version install package via the same link you first got it from.
Then, install it via the Joomla extensions installer.
Finally, go in the settings of the plugin in the joomla plugins manager and you'll find a new setting "House number field" where you can enter the column name of the custom field you're using to collect the house number.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OnslaughtUK

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds