E-mail templates

• Thank you received: 10
3 years 11 months ago #318300

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3

Looking to customize the default e-mail templates a little (at least color wise), where would i need to look and are there any restrictions readability wise for e-mail clients

Forum is also "warning" about a v4.3.0 but neither component itself nor forcing a "check for updates" finds it? Even though license is properly attached to the domain in question. Is this problem on my end or does the new version still need to "propagate"? Current installed is 4.2.3 and presents itself as "latest stable" in the component.

** edit ** looks like i picked the wrong category by accident. Meant to post this in order management.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Ch3vr0n.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 11 months ago #318308

Hi,

1. Emails can be edited in the menu System>Emails. For each email, you'll find a "template" setting with an edit button which will open a popup where you'll be able to edit it. The template is where most of the CSS code (and thus the colors of the email) are but you will also find a bit of them in the HTML of the email.
There are many restrictions on what you can do with HTML and CSS and it's different for different email clients.
mailchimp.com/help/limitations-of-html-email/

2. The update is still "on-hold" on our end as we're getting more feedbacks from early adopters.
We'll activate the update for everyone once we know it's safe to update for everyone else, so you don't have to worry.

3 years 11 months ago #318402

That's good, i'll just update the site i'm working on right now manually then and wait for it to get pushed to the others. I don't suppose the styles pack "tweaks" colors on the email templates too by any chance?

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 11 months ago #318420

Hi,

No, it doesn't change the emails.

3 years 11 months ago #318448

Snapped it up anyway, made the shop I'm currently working on fit a lot better in the template. currently awaiting a response on that invoice edit contact form.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds