Shipping invoice button

• Thank you received: 10
3 years 11 months ago #318904

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.17

I don't know if this is a bug or intended behavior. There's 2 "invoice" buttons on an order for me

"Invoice" <= which in my case with the PDF plugin instantly generates a PDF invoice
"Shipping Invoice" <== opens up an invoice preview window with a print

I was expecting the "shipping invoice" button to simply be a 1 click action that (re)sends the invoice to the buyer, not opening a local "print" window. So my current NL translation may not be 100% accurate (it's current translation means "re-send invoice"), or the string "shipping invoice" may be a bit misleading.

** edit ** crap, picked the wrong forum category again.
Because right now, both have pretty much identical function (or is the left most "Invoice" button there because of the PDF invoice plugin?)

Is what i'm seeing normal? Am i misunderstanding something. How would one re-send the invoice for an order, from the backend.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Ch3vr0n.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 11 months ago #318910

Hi,

Both buttons works the same by default:
They open a popup with the invoice (or with the shipping invoice) and you have a print button at the top to print it.
The shipping invoice doesn't have the price information on it. Besides that, it's the same as the invoice.

If you installed the PDF invoice plugin, it will replace the popup of the invoice button with the download of the PDF invoice. For the shipping invoice button, there is a setting in the plugin so that it can do it too for the shipping invoice, but it looks like you didn't activate it.

3 years 11 months ago #318958

So things are behaving as they should then. Just activated that setting. Though the term "invoice" in is a bit misleading / inaccurate. It's more of a shipping / packing note. An invoice indicates some type of pricing present Maybe a rename of the default string value is in order?

I changed these values to a more appropriate label for the menu items and invoice values

FIELD_PRODUCT_SHIPPING_INVOICE
FIELD_ORDER_SHIPPING_INVOICE <== affects header on the shipping "invoice"
FIELD_ITEM_SHIPPING_INVOICE
SHIPPING_INVOICE_NUMBER
PDF_SHIPPING_INVOICE <== affects pdf filename
SHIPPING_INVOICE <== affects the button

but i'm not sure what the other 2 are for.

3 years 11 months ago #318970

Hi,

FIELD_ITEM_SHIPPING_INVOICE is used in the settings of custom fields of the table "item" for the display option in the shipping invoice.
SHIPPING_INVOICE_NUMBER is used only in the PDF invoice plugin when generating a shipping invoice.

3 years 11 months ago #319004

and FIELD_PRODUCT_SHIPPING_INVOICE? Am i missing any? related to the shipping invoice?

Because if i want to change any i better change them all accordingly in the language file.

Oh and is there a way to send out the shipping invoice automatically to the OWNER ONLY when a order has been marked as "confirmed" (ake payment received)?

3 years 11 months ago #319005

Hi,

FIELD_PRODUCT_SHIPPING_INVOICE is used in the settings of custom fields of the table "product" for the display option in the shipping invoice

There is no option to send out the shipping invoice automatically to the OWNER ONLY when a order has been marked as "confirmed".

That would require some extra development to add that option to the plugin.

3 years 11 months ago #319165

hmm, didn't get a notification. Your reply seems to indicate it's possible to have it sent out automatically, just not to just one person. To whom is it sent out then and where do i find that setting? Is that a hikashop native plugin?

3 years 11 months ago #319170

Hi,

No there in no code in the plugin to attach the shipping invoice to any email.
That would require development.

3 years 11 months ago #319193

Since i know the hourly rate because of the previous customisation work. What timeframe are we looking at here?

3 years 11 months ago #319207

Hi,

If you're ok to add it to the "payment notification" email since it's already sent to the admin when the order is confirmed, then it should be the same cost as before.

3 years 11 months ago #319242

Sounds good to me. Might be something for next week or later though. I'll send another e-mail when it's ok. Though the "automatic" would need to be optional (a setting). This plugin is used on a few sites and one of them wants to do this manually, each time an order was physically packed (as its a small business)

So basically the functionality looking for is

1. the plugin is CAPABLE of automatically adding the shipping invoice to the payment confirmation but
2. doesn't automatically add it unless there's a setting in the plugin activated to automatically do it

Kind of like that yes/no that "replaces" the default shipping invoice there would be a settin "automatically attach shipping invoice to payment confirmation YES/NO"

Does this increase the cost or still doable within the same cost range.

3 years 11 months ago #319245

It's doable with the same cost. It will only add a few lines of code.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds