Add Tracking Number In Status Notification Email - Shipped

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319130

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3

I need to add the tracking information in the Status Notification Email.

I add the field in the Status Notification Email template but when I change the status to "Shipped" and the email template opens, I don't know where to put the information - I don't see a spot for it.

What am I missing please? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 11 months ago #319139

Why not creating a custom field of the table "order" via the menu Display>Custom fields so that you can enter the tracking information in it when you edit the order ?
That way, you can have the tracking information automatically added to the email (if you activate the email display setting in the settings of the custom field) and it can also be displayed on the details page of the order on the frontend if you give access to it to your customers so it's a nice perk.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319198

Hi Nicolas,

What you explained is what I was trying to do I had everything done but realized that I needed to edit the order and add the tracking then change the status of the order to Shipped and notify the customer.

1) The field type is LINK but the url that I add in the field is not clickable in the email, how can I make it clickable?

2) Also how can I make the label show only if there content in the tracking field. This is what I have in the email.

<div style="color:#333333!important; font-size:16px; font-weight:normal; padding-bottom:15px;">
  <div style="color:#333333!important; font-size:17px; text-transform: capitalize; font-weight:normal; padding-bottom:7px;">{TXT:tracking_number}</div>
    {VAR:order.tracking_number}
</div>

2) Where is the details page of the order in the front end? I've never seen that is it because I haven't made an order?

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 11 months ago #319309

Hi,

1. Instead of just {VAR:order.tracking_number} you could do it like that:

<a href="{VAR:order.tracking_number}">{VAR:order.tracking_number}</a>

2. You can't do that with tags. In that case, you would have to use pure PHP code like that:
<?php
if(!empty($data->cart->tracking_number)) echo 'Tracking number: <a href="'.$data->cart->tracking_number.'">'.$data->cart->tracking_number.'</a>';
?>

2. In the email you receive as a customer you have a link to it on the order number.
Go in the menu Customers>Email history and open the email sent to a customer for his order and you'll have the link there.
Note however that the link will only work if you're logged in with the customer account on the frontend.
Also, you can create a menu item of the type "order listing" or "user control panel" via the Joomla menu manager to provide a link for you and your customers to access your orders' history.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds