Content module no longer loads products into category description

• Thank you received: 8
3 years 8 months ago #322313

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.31

Hi,

After updating Hikashop 3.5.1 to 4.3.0 there is a problem in the main Hikashop menu (a categories listing).
This page displays the category description of the root category.
In this description two content modules are loaded via the Joomla plugin Load module in article.
Module 241 displays some products from an unpublished category.
Module 193 displays a carousel of the newest products.

After the update module 241 no longer displays any products.
In the HTML code I see divs #hikashop_module_241 and a #hikashop_category_information_module_241 but no content is loaded.
Loading module 193 still works fine.

The problem seems to be caused by the file views/product/view.html.php
After replacing the 4.3.0 version of this file by the old 3.5.1 version all works fine.

Please advise.

Regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 8 months ago #322317

Hi,

We did add a check so that modules cannot display products of unpublished categories if the category id is taken from the URL of the page. It's only possible if the category used in the one selected in the "main category" of the module.
Now I checked the code there and I tried to reproduce the issue you're describing on my end but in all my tests I was able to see the products of that module with the unpublished category.
So I'm not sure what's going on. I would need a FTP access and a link to that page to be able to check on the situation and add some debug to the code.
Could you provide that along with a link to this thread via our contact form?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Now, a solution to circumvent that would be to create a Joomla article with the content of that category description, set that webwinkel menu item as hidden and create another menu item to display that Joomla article and then add to that Joomla article a third module to display the listing of categories where you would select that webwinkel hidden menu item.
The display would be the same, but as the page wouldn't be a category page, the system should normally consider that the category is not taken from the URL and thus use the main category of the module and not check that it is published.

3 years 8 months ago #322365

Hi Nicolas,

So my problem is that in the root category description only products of the root category (and all sub elements) can be displayed, not products from an unpublished sub category.

But the problem persists if the particular sub category selected in module 241 is published.

I did mail the access details.

Regards,
Udo

3 years 8 months ago #322372

Hi,

We got your FTP access.
However, I'm not able to access it.
I'm getting this error:
monosnap.com/file/0mTO9jscptXl3FvQhGUiCP9YDECxJk
It seems the username and password is ok. But there is another issue as the server is not responding to the MLSD command.
It seems this is the solution:
stackoverflow.com/questions/10073418/err...ecting-ftp-to-server
But now I can't test it as I apparently got banned from the server with the error below while trying different things:
Response: 421 Too many connections (8) from this IP

3 years 8 months ago #322483

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry about this.

At the moment FTP only works with encryption "Only use plain FTP", as said in the stackoverflow thread.

At this time there are no current FTP connections. So you should be able to access FTP now.

Regards,
Udo

3 years 8 months ago #322506

Hi,

I was able to connect to the FTP now.
I found a solution to the problem and applied the patch on your website and it seems to work. Note that you have some aggressive caching on your website, so you might have to clear it to see the change.

3 years 8 months ago #322546

Hi,

Yes, problem solved, now both modules are displayed.

However there's a small drawback to this solution: the titles of the modules are not displayed.
This is not really a problem. I've added the titles manually.

I notice you changed the file views/product/view.html.php
To my surprise copying the new file to the local XAMPP copy of the website had no effect there.
Maybe more files need to be changed?

Will the patch be in the nexr Hikashop version?

Thanks,
Udo

3 years 8 months ago #322548

Hi,

The modification was not in views/product/view.html.php but in views/category/tmpl/listing.php
The modifications in views/product/view.html.php were only debug code which was then reverted. It was added only in order to understand what was going on.
And yes, the modification will be in the next release of HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds