Loading Page very very slow

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #322745

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hello i have a hikashop website with products that has 240 variants each.
Loading a product page is very very slow.
I have read of improving sql with indexing but i am afraid it's out of my knowledge.
Can somebody help me to speed up the website loading times?
Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 years 8 months ago #322751

Hi,

In 99% of the cases, performances issues with the variants is because they are used for something you don't need them for, and thus, improving the speed is not a matter of improving the sql / server processing, etc but configuring the products differently.

The first thing I would recommend it to check if you can remove one or several characteristics from the products.
There are two ways to do that:
- you split the product into several products. So for example, for the product you provided, you could have 3 products, one for each color of the frame and that would reduce the number of variants for each product to 80, which is much more manageable.
- having variants for a product is usually used because you want to have a different stock for each variant, or a different price for each variant, or a different image for each variant, etc so that the information displayed on the product page switches when the new variant is selected. I checked your page but it seems that for most of your characteristics, regardless of what I select in the dropdown, nothing changes. In that case, rather than having a characteristic, you could instead have a custom field of the table "item" (you can create that via the menu Display>Custom fields). So for example, if you remove the frame color characteristic and use instead a custom item field, that will also reduce the number of variants to 80, drastically improving the performances.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds