Shipping method - checkout default selection

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 6 months ago #324545

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22

Hello,

I have four rules set up with the manual shipping method.

• Two rules, ordered 1 + 2, which are optionally displayed if the postcode matches the shipping address
  • Two rules, ordered 3 + 4, which only have the UK region restriction, and are flat fees for Nationwide delivery (business day vs weekend)

Currently, if item 1 or 2 (local delivery) is valid, they are shown, but the rule 3 is selected by default. This looks a little odd and appears the "shop" is trying to steer the customer to the more expensive option (National delivery).

How can I get item 1 or 2 selected by default, if they match the shipping post code?

Many thanks

Marcus

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 6 months ago #324560

Hello,

What do you exactly mean by :

How can I get item 1 or 2 selected by default, if they match the shipping post code?

Can you give us more information through some screenshots, about what you have and how you configured your products and shipping methods, and about what you want to achieve ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 6 months ago #324601

Hi there Mohamed,

In the above screen shot, there are three items. In position (1) - the top most, currently there's a shipping method which is visible because the shipping post code matches the shipping method rule. The other two shipping methods (2) and (3) are flat rate shipping methods and are always visible.

As you can see from the screen shot, when the shipping options are initially displayed to the customer, the middle shipping method is selected by default.

I would like the first shipping method (1) selected by default. How can I achieve this?

Many thanks
Marc

• Thank you received: 13071
3 years 6 months ago #324610

Him

The first shipping method is selected by default by HikaShop.
What I read in between the lines of your messages is that your scenario must be something like that:
- the user is not logged in and adds a product to the cart
- at that point the shipping method selected is the first one among the ones available for users without an address (3 and 4).
- then the customer logs in / registers and thus the other shipping methods (1 and 2) become available.
- but since a shipping method has already been preselected before, and it still is available after login/registration, it isn't changed.

Supposing that you don't have the guest mode activated on your checkout, then an easy solution to this is to restrict your shipping methods to registered users with the "access level" setting of the shipping methods.
That way, the shipping methods will only be available after the login/registration and thus the system will be able to pick the first one among the 4 shipping methods available and not only among 2 of them.

Otherwise, another way to do would be to create a fake country zone via System>Zones, select it as the main tax zone in the HikaShop configuration and make sure that all your shipping methods are restricted to a shipping zone / country / state which doesn't include that fake zone. That way, before login/registration/guest, the user will be seen as being in the fake zone and thus no shipping method available for him until he selects his country in the registration form.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 6 months ago #324623

HikaShop Business 4.4.0 [2010101132]

Greeting,
and I have problems with the shipping methods.
After you put the item in the cart and go to checkout, the payment method is automatically selected but the shipping method is empty. Of the two modes, neither is selected and must be selected manually. Only then is it included in the calculation. In the previous version, all that worked normally. What happened?

Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #324631

Hello Nicolas - thanks for the information.
I'm using Guest checkout, so there's no registration process - so I'll have to use the second approach.

However, would it be possible to simply select the first available shipping method in the list, when in the checkout the customer presses the "registration" / "next" button - to confirm the contact / address details. At that point, the shipping methods are filtered and displayed, so the first shipping method just needs to be automatically selected.

Setting up a fake geo zone appears to be a bit of a fudge.

Thanks for your help,
Marcus

Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by marcusadamski.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 years 6 months ago #324648

Hi,

@Enc :
Please open a new thread for your issue along with a link to the shop and precise instructions to reproduce the issue so that we can reproduce the issue on your website and analyze what's going on.

@marcusadamski :

However, would it be possible to simply select the first available shipping method in the list, when in the checkout the customer presses the "registration" / "next" button - to confirm the contact / address details. At that point, the shipping methods are filtered and displayed, so the first shipping method just needs to be automatically selected.

So what you want is to reset the shipping method selection after using the registration/next button (since the shipping method is already selected before the first time the cart is loaded).
That's possible with the development of a custom plugin to add that process after the registration/guest form is processed.
While the solution I proposed is a bit convoluted, it doesn't require any coding. My goal was to provide you with a solution you can put in place right now, without having to code anything.

3 years 6 months ago #324784

Hi Nicolas.

Would your solution result in the customer being scrolled to the "No shipping method found" error message in red, as soon as they enter the checkout process - as that would be something I'd like to avoid. As is looks like something has gone wrong with the shop and it scrolls the customer away from the address entry.

Many thanks
Marcus

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 6 months ago #324827

Hello,

It will depend on how you configured you checkout workflow (via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout") and on the shipping method. If your shipping method is restricted to a defined user group or require a shipping method to be displayed, then you'll have to make sure that a shipping method is entered before the shipping step.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds