Add Product Button in Product Description Editor

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #324864

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22

Hi,

I've noticed the add Hikashop product button on content editors on article edit pages (works great!). However, this seems to be absent when editing the description of a hikashop product. I've ran into numerous occasions where this feature would be invaluable to reference other products within a product page.

Even something as simple of hyperlinking to a product via button.

Does this exist in some form of a plugin or is there any interest in developing this on your side?

Editors: TinyMCE or JCE

Thanks,
Holden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 5 months ago #324872

Hi,

This has been done on purpose.
The description is inside the form of the product page.
If you add a product in the description and it has itself an add to cart button displayed, you'll have the form of that add to cart button, inside the form of the product page, and this won't work as you can't have forms inside forms in HTML.
However, to add products on the product page, we do already have a mechanism for that.
You can add the products in the "related products" setting of the product and you'll get a listing of these related products on that product's page.

Now technically, you can add the product tags you want in the product description and they will be replaced on the frontend. You just don't have the interface to generate the tag itself, but you can generate it in a joomla article and copy/paste it in a product description.

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #325290

Ah, i see. What if it were just a button to add a link to another product, similar to the category lookup dropdown or add module interfaces? Mainly, the use case would be to hyperlink within the description to another product (e.g., Product xx is the predecessor of <a href='link_to_product_yy'>Product YY</a>).

This is not crucial and would mainly serve as a convenience.

Thanks for the explanation on why it's not currently done. I will stick with manual hyperlinking for now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds