Email Template Link To Sold Product In Frontend

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #325433

In the Order administration notification email there is a link to the product in the backend, I would like to add the link to the product in the front end as well. If that's possible, would you mind providing me the code?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 5 months ago #325439

Hi,

There is no link on the product name in the order administration notification email.
So I'm not sure what is the status of that email on your end. I suppose that it has already been customized on that area and thus I'm not sure what should be the exact modification.
With the default email, you have that line of code in the preload section of the email:

$t = '<p>' . $item->order_product_name;
and you can modify it to:
$t = '<p>< href="'.hikashop_contentLink('show&cid='.$item->product_id.'&name='.$product->product_alias.$url_itemid,$product).'">' . $item->order_product_name.'</a>';

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #328055

Hi Nicolas,

Happy New Year!!

Just to clarify before I make any changes.

I would like to have both a link to the backend as well as a link to the product in the frontend. Will this code do that?

Thanks!

3 years 3 months ago #328060

Hi,

No, this code will only add the link to the frontend.
To have both, you would need such code instead:

$t = '<p>< href="'.hikashop_contentLink('show&cid='.$item->product_id.'&name='.$product->product_alias.$url_itemid,$product).'">' . $item->order_product_name.'</a>< href="'.HIKASHOP_LIVE.'administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=edit&cid[]='.$item->product_id.'">backend edit</a>';

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #328250

Sorry Nicolas but I think that the code you provided is not for the part of the email that I'm referring to.

At the very top of the "Order Administrator Notification" email, where is says something like this:

A New Order Has Been Made ....

You can access the order details directly by clicking on the link below after logging in your back end:
www.mywebsite.com/administrator/index.ph...task=edit&order_id=4

I would like to add the URL to the front end as well. So it would look something like this:

A New Order Has Been Made ....

You can access the order details directly by clicking on the link below after logging in your back end:
www.mywebsite.com/administrator/index.ph...task=edit&order_id=4

Or you can view the item ordered on the front end:
URL to item that was ordered here...

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 3 months ago #328270

Hello,

Unfortunately there is surely a misunderstanding or we don't understand well your request, let me explain.
Right now, in the "Order administrator notification" you have indeed a link to your backend order details (with products), and if we understand you well, you want the same thing but for the frontend.

And so basically you want through the link go here :

but this page is only accessible via the customer account and therefore with his passwords.
From this, your request seems of new page, but just for administrator access.
It's of course theorically possible, but will required lots of work, but from this what is the point ?
I mean what is the added value compared to the already existing backend view ?

Awaiting your returns to be able to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #328441

Sorry no. I meant the public page of the product, but now I realized that if it's more than one item that is sold it won't work.

www.mywebsite.com/categories/product/758...mo-nylon-bag-5l.html

Thanks!

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by MyWorld.

3 years 3 months ago #328456

Hi,

This link is for the whole order.
So far I was talking about the link to the product that you can access when you click on the name of the product in the email.
As you say, changing the link to the whole order by the link of a product doesn't make sense since you can have several products in an order but you can have only one link on the order number.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds