Error message about Company Name/DBA section

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #328368

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.veggievore.com/advice/one-hour-custom-coaching-consultation
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : I am not sure since this was reported by a user as I walked her through the buying process
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error

Payment failed. Company name/DBA section must be 3, 7 or 12 characters and the product descriptor can be up to 18, 14 or 9 characters respectively (with and * in between for a total descriptor name of 22 characters).

Thank you for your purchase.
You can now access your order here.

We just had a customer try to purchase from us using Braintree after we upgraded the plugin and our HikaShop. I am not sure if this error message is from the plugin or from HikaShop but I think it is a plugin error message:

Error

Payment failed. Company name/DBA section must be 3, 7 or 12 characters and the product descriptor can be up to 18, 14 or 9 characters respectively (with and * in between for a total descriptor name of 22 characters).

Thank you for your purchase.
You can now access your order here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 3 months ago #328384

Hi,

As far as I can see that indeed looks like a problem with the Braintree payment plugin.
Here is a page about that issue for a braintree payment plugin for another ecommerce solution:
github.com/angelleye/paypal-woocommerce/issues/724
So you'll have to contact the developer of the braintree plugin you're using so that they can help you with that issue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328766

I appreciate your response and pointing me in the right direction.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds