PageSpeed and Hikashop (fonts?)

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #329124

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hello,

First of all - I didn't know where publish this question to so, if you want / need you can move this thread to another section.
The point is measuring the PageSpeed (with Google: developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ ; developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/in...owe.pl%2F&tab=mobile ) and getting some results. Precisely it is about biorezdrowe.pl/media/com_hikashop/webfonts/fa-solid-900.woff2 which Hikashop tries to load (I think) and it slows page loading down dramatically (ca. 5.4 sec!) - have a a look at screenshot please.

Question is: how to solve it: load quickly or not to load (remove, avoid loading this fonts).
Can you help, please. Honestly, it is important (you can see this time consumed by this issue) and I really don't know how to fix it.

Regards,
Radek

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329125

Hi,

This font file comes from the font-awesome library included in HikaShop.
It is necessary to display all the icons HikaShop uses everywhere.
Removing that file would lead to the icons in HikaShop not displaying.
In fact, on your speed result, you have two such files. One is the one in HikaShop, and the other is the one in easysocial.
Now something might be possible to skip load the font-awesome of HikaShop as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...onflicts.html#316678
You should hopefully still have the HikaShop icons after that as other extensions are loading their own fontawesome library on the page.
However, your speed issue doesn't come from this and changing this won't help you much.
I don't know why that speed test tells you you could gain 4 seconds here, that's just not possible.
Just check the loading of the files of the page with your browser's developer tools and you'll see this:
monosnap.com/file/tlDsPKr31E7XsYLyk3NPFlMYScYaMt
As you can see there, the processing of the HTML and its sending to the browser itself takes up 4.17 seconds, while the retrieval of the woff2 file takes up only 0.2 seconds and is done in parallel to other files necessary for the rendering of the page (like the images, CSS files, js files, etc). So even if you remove that file, you won't gain any noticable speed improvment. Maybe 0.05 seconds.
Your problem is the generation of the page itself.
I would rather recommend you look at the profiling information you can get with the debug system of Joomla to understand where the page takes time to generate the page and follow the instructions here:
www.daycounts.com/how-to/how-to-pinpoint...a-performance-issues

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #329180

Hi,

Thanks for the response. You are right about processing woff2 - it's only about 0.2 sec and the problem is somwhere else. I need to dig deeper ;) but - thank you also for the "daycounts" link, it explains a lot. I need to study it.

Best,
Radek

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds