How to customise the page header

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 2 months ago #329490

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

I would like to customise the page header for the HIkashop categories and brands listing from "product category" and "Brand" to something in line with the page headers for the rest of the site. However, Hikashop ignores my entries in the page header tab for the menu item. How can I fix that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 years 2 months ago #329495

Hi,

Check the setting "Use the menu name as title" of your menu item via the Joomla menu manager.
If that setting is turend off, then the listing will use the current category name as page header instead of the "page heading" setting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: andrewwinkler

3 years 2 months ago #329528

That's better than before. Thanks for that. However, why won't HikaShop let me set the page title in the "Browser Page Title" field of the "Page Display" tab of Joomla's menu item configuration? That way, the browser page title would be consistent with the rest of the site.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 years 2 months ago #329597

Hi,

It does as far as I know.
The page title is used for the page title, and the page heading is use for the page heading.
These are two different things.
The page title is what is used as the name of the tab on the browser, while the page heading is what is used inside the page at the top of the main area (usually for the h1 or h2 tag of the page).
So I'm not sure which one you're talking about.
Could you provide more information about the situation ? Screenshots of the settings of the menu item, and the URL to the corresponding page ?
Then we can check on the situation and see if there is a problem that needs to be fixed / improved or if it's a misunderstanding or some setting issue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: andrewwinkler

3 years 2 months ago #329621

I'm talking about the text on the browser tab. HikaShop seems to be ignoring the settings for it in the Joomla Menu item definition.

Update: I've worked it out. Problem is fixed. Thanks.

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by andrewwinkler.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds