Buying Essential Version

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329656

Hi there,

I have a site using the Business version and am going to purchase the Essential version for another site.

I copied the site that is using the Business version so that I don't have to do everything from scratch.

How do I replace the Business version on the new site with the Essential version without causing any issues?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329659

Hi,

You can just install the Essential install package of the latest version and it will downgrade your HikaShop automatically.
Note that you'll loose the features only available in the Business edition.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #330261

Thank you.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #330538

Hi Nicolas,

I got the Essential version as indicated above but I'm not able to edit the emails to change the text. It showed in the list that compares the different versions that the emails can be edited or did I misunderstand that?

As I mentioned above I copied the site so I need to change the name of the company in the emails for the site that is using the Essential version. I hope there is a way to do this and I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 1 month ago #330541

Hi,

The edition of emails in the System>Emails menu is a feature of the Business edition.
With the Starter and Essential editions, you can only enable/disable the emails there, and you can customize the text of the emails with translation overrides.
Now, if you had made email overrides before, you can find them in the folder media/com_hikashop/mail/ via FTP.
So you can directly edit the files there.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds