Order list cannot show more than 500 entries and doesn't paginate

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 1 month ago #331206

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome

In the "Orders >> Orders Menu in Hikashop's backend we have orders visible that span between today and 2018-08-11

I tried to pull up older records, but when I choose "all" in the drop down at the bottom I get "100" as a default and no more than about 300 entries in total.

Naturally, I also tried to input a date range, but it never shows more that 500 orders at a time unless I choose 200, 300 etc. but there seems to be a limit on how many orders it will show in any date range. The "all" option clearly doesn't work as it will revert to 100 and show either 100 results or, at the most 500 but I don;t know if some were left out of that search.

I think the way it should work would be to paginate the past orders, like everything else in Joomla, but instead, by default, it only shows the latest 100 orders. One can show more, but never the entire list unless a date range in inputted and even then the results vary.

It's not a terrible inconvenience, as we can limit the search to a short span of time, but we cannot see YTD orders in the backend. The only way is to export the whole table to .CSV

Is that normal or is something broken? Is the backend crashing when asked to display "all" and is the page supposed to be paginated?

EDIT: The "Customers" page has the very same issue, but since it doesn't have the same search flexibility it only shows a max of 400 customers and then crashes.

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by conticreative.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 1 month ago #331224

Hi,

There is a pagination on the orders listing in the backend:
i.imgur.com/RLTlO73.png
While we do forbid displaying more than 500 entries on one page of the pagination, there is a good reason for it. With more than that, loading the data from the database is slower and slower, and once it reaches the limits of your PHP settings, the process will crash and you'll end up with a completely blank page with a fatal error message.
By default, you should only see 20 elements per page.
If you see more, it means that you must have increased the number of items per page in the settings of the joomla configuration.

Now I don't see why you wouldn't get the pagination, unless you removed it in the code or you don't have more than the elements per page number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds