hikashop - no product listings are visible after update

  • Posts: 127
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
1 month 6 days ago #331478

-- url of the page with the problem -- : abierto.uy
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Hello

After updating hikashop from 4.4.0 to 4.4.1 and updating joomla from version 3.9.24 to version 3.9.25, it is not possible to see the product listings in the site's frontend. Check the browser console and the following error is displayed

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected number
at eval (<anonymous>)
at jquery.min.js?d18648d72f6a694551873704d8dfd9f6:2
at Function.globalEval (jquery.min.js?d18648d72f6a694551873704d8dfd9f6:2)
at He (jquery.min.js?d18648d72f6a694551873704d8dfd9f6:2)
at a.fn.init.append (jquery.min.js?d18648d72f6a694551873704d8dfd9f6:2)
at a.fn.init.<anonymous> (jquery.min.js?d18648d72f6a694551873704d8dfd9f6:2)
at t (jquery.min.js?d18648d72f6a694551873704d8dfd9f6:2)
at Q (jquery.min.js?d18648d72f6a694551873704d8dfd9f6:2)
at a.fn.init.html (jquery.min.js?d18648d72f6a694551873704d8dfd9f6:2)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (template.min.js:57)

The problem is exclusively with the listings, from an RCA Product Carousel for HikaShop module, it is possible to access the product page without problems, as well as other pages of the site.

I restored the site with a backup before the updates and the listings are showing correctly and the error in the browser console does not appear.

Hikashop 4.4.0 on joomla 2.9.25 works correctly.

Is this error known? How could I solve it?

Thanks greetings !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 72738
  • Thank you received: 11091
  • MODERATOR
1 month 5 days ago #331483

Hi,

That javascript error is probably not linked to the problem as most of the things in HikaShop do not use jQuery.
I also didn't heard of anyone else with the products listings missing after updating from the 4.4.0 to the 4.4.1. So I can't say much more.
I would need access to the pages with the issue to check on the situation. Could you maybe make a copy of the website and update HikaShop there so that we could look at what's going on on the copy of the website ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 127
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
1 month 22 hours ago #331646

Hi, thanks for your response

I understand what you tell me about JS, but I just replicated the error, I restored a site backup with joomla 3.9.24, hikashop 4.4.0, product listings are displayed normally, there is no error in the browser console
I update joomla to 3.9.25 with hikashop 4.4.0, the listings are displayed normally, there is no error in the browser console
I update hikashop to 4.4.1 over joomla 3.9.25, the listings do not load and there is an error in the browser console.

I leave you the link of the test
test-abierto.ofertaexportable.net/
test-abierto.ofertaexportable.net/productos
test-abierto.ofertaexportable.net/catego...a/anillos-y-pulseras
test-abierto.ofertaexportable.net/catego...juegos-y-ocio/juegos

The test that I did not do is update hikashop to 4.4.1 on joomla 3.9.24, if you see that it is necessary, let me know and I do it.

Thanks for the attention.

Greetings !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 72738
  • Thank you received: 11091
  • MODERATOR
4 weeks 15 hours ago #331660

Hi,

Thanks for that.
So the issue, is linked to the update and the javascript error you reported.
The issue comes from the javascript code:

    $('#g-sidebar div.hikashop_filter_main').html(function(i, html) {
        return html.replace(/\:/g,'');
    });
of the file test-abierto.ofertaexportable.net/templa...x/js/template.min.js from your template.
That code will remove ":" in the whole HTML of the filters area.
And with the latest version of HikaShop, we've moved the javascript of the filters from being in the headers of the page to being along side the HTML of the filters to simplify the AJAX loading of the filters and also for the Joomla 4 compatibility.
And thus, the javascript code from the template is now breaking the javascript code of the filter system, generating that error.
And since your template hides the whole content of the page until the page is fully loaded and then displays it at the end of its javascript, and since your template's javascript stops in the middle because of what I explained above, it stops before removing the white cover on the page, letting you think that the page is not loading at all.

So remove that javascript code from your template js file and it should hopefully work. Also, please report the issue to your template provider.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum