How to make Hikashop my storefront

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 3 days ago #331958

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Microsoft Edge
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version of Joomla on my brand new website and I've downloaded the latest Hikashop starter.

Some time ago I installed Hika Shop and there was some way of making the component the store front of the site and not available through a menu link. How do I do this? I want to use Hika only and none of the Joomla modules etc.

Many thanks,

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 days ago #331960

Hi,

You want to create a menu item of the type HikaShop categories listing via the Joomla menu manager (or use the one preinstalled with HikaShop if you still have it from the first time you installed HikaShop). And then, in the Joomla menu manager, you can make it as "default" and it will replace your current homepage.
Then, regarding the modules, if you don't want them, you can either disable them or deassign them from that menu item via the Joomla modules manager.

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 2 days ago #331966

Hi Nicolas,

many thanks for your quick response. I did try something similar to that but it still showed the Joomla stuff. I suppose I just need to unpublish the Joomla items and hopefully it will look like your shop!

I did watch your webinar but it did not show the answer to my question. Maybe you could include that in future webinars for people new to Hikashop and Joomla.

Thanks again.

Simon

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds