Translation file override

• Thank you received: 1
2 years 9 months ago #334340

-- url of the page with the problem -- : framemaker.dk/en/shop
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

I keep running into problems with this "translation file override..." thing. And I can't see, that I am doing anything out of the ordinary. The site runs danish and english and is supersmall. I have 11 products and all versions of shop, joomla, php etc are uptodate. I have sometimes been able to resolve it by deleting the language over rides and simple start over. But the problem comes back.
I have tried turning on the debug languages option - but I don't know or understand why and how it should help me?
Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Best regard
Bjørn

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 9 months ago #334353

Hi,

After you activate that setting in the Joomla configuration, you'll have language debug information at the bottom of each page on your website. And it will say which language file were loaded, which one failed, and when it failed, on which line of the file it failed.
So after activating that setting, you need to look for the file mentioned in the alert popup in the debug information. It should tell you on which line it has a problem.
If you could give the lines of which Joomla's debug reported an issue on that file and a copy of that file, we should be able to tell you what to do and maybe we'll be able to understand why this happened.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds