Amazon Payment Plugin

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334618

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25

We are trying to use the AMazon Payment Plugin for Hikashop and have been running in to problems.
We have a store ID and all the needed keys.

We are just wondering if this plugin is still compatible

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 8 months ago #334619

Hi,

Are you talking about this plugin www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...oncheckout-form.html ?
This plugin is still compatible and is working fine on our end. Note that it's an "express checkout" plugin. The goal is to skip your checkout and display a "checkout with amazon" button directly on the cart, bypassing your checkout.

The page www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/398-pay-with-amazon.html with the old amazon pay plugin is not referenced anymore on the list of payment plugins for HikaShop as Amazon has discontinued the API the plugin is using.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334649

"it's an "express checkout" plugin. The goal is to skip your checkout and display a "checkout with amazon" button directly on the cart, bypassing your checkout."

I believe that's my issue. I'm expecting it to show up in the shopping cart checkout. Is there documentation to tell me how to correctly set this up?

2 years 8 months ago #334651

Hi,

Well, the link I gave you ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...oncheckout-form.html ) explains how to set it up. Did you follow the instructions there ?
If no, then I would recommend to read that whole page.
And if yes, then I don't have any other documentation. But in that case, maybe you could provide a screenshot of the settings of your payment method ? That way, we could check what you did so far.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334688

Hello,

We have gone over the document a few times and feel that we have set up the actual plug in correctly. We think we fixed the shopping cart problem but have now run into a new error. The Amazon Checkout image is errored out on the shopping cart, when clicked it takes us to an error page. Screenshots of all of this is below, including our settings. Please let us know if it would be easier for us to give you backend access to our site to resolve this issue.

• Thank you received: 609
2 years 7 months ago #334695

Hello,

Yes, please can you use our Contact us form to provide back end access and be able to analyze more the issue.
Don't forget to add an Url link to this subject in your message with your user reference.

Awaiting your returns to be able to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #334712

Information sent through the 'Contact Us' form as requested.

• Thank you received: 609
2 years 7 months ago #334722

Hello,

It seems that you use some restricted access plugin, see my screenshot :

We were first redirect on your home page, and then we have the message in our screenshot.
Regards

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #334733

I have disabled the security plugin for 48 hours. It should work alright now. If I need to unblock your IP please send me your IP address

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 7 months ago #334763

Hello,

We still can't reach your back-end page as we are redirected to your front-end when we try to reach it.

So you probably disabled your security plugin only for the week-end but we do not work and week-end days as a company, could you disable it again so that we can quickly test and debug your issue on your website as we are not able to reproduce it on our end ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #334774

Hello,
It should be disabled now. Apologies.

2 years 7 months ago #334791

Hi,

Thanks, I was able to access the website.
So I checked the issue, and looked online.
So it seems that the Amazon Checkout API has been discontinued at some point, and not Amazon only has a new Amazon Pay API (completely different from the one we had implemented in the past with the Amazon Pay plugin).
Looking a bit deeper into it, the Amazon Pay SDK for PHP ( github.com/amzn/amazon-pay-api-sdk-php ), which they recommend using for Amazon Pay, still mentions "Amazon Checkout v2" while linking to Amazon Pay API documentation.
So from what I understand, they've made a new version of Amazon Checkout incompatible with the v1, then, renamed it Amazon Pay, while removing the previous API version endpoints.
So unfortunately, I don't have a solution there.
It will require redeveloping a new Amazon plugin from scratch. In the mean time we're going to remove it from HikaShop and our documentation.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #334816

Thank you for your help.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #334817

Would there be an eta on when a new plugin might be made?

2 years 7 months ago #334820

Hi,

It's hard to say. Since no one notified us that the Amazon Checkout plugin wasn't working anymore in the past 1 or 2 years, it means that almost no one was using it when Amazon stopped supporting the API.
So there is not much demand for it as far as I can see and thus it's hard to justify prioritizing it over other things.

If that's something you would like to see in the short term, then I would recommend to hire a developer to work on it. We have several partners developing payment plugins for HikaShop users, several of them even selling them on our marketplace. So they would be able to work on that for you if necessary.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds