Images appear as a mirror image

• Thank you received: 3
2 years 8 months ago #334739

-- url of the page with the problem -- : 3dcreations.uk/index.php/paint-pouring-art/product/9-ppa8x8-5
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : MS Edge 92.0.902.55

Hi Nicolas,

Something really weird is happening when I upload images to the product file.

I have the main image uploaded, I then upload the same image but rotated to the right once and it displays exactly as it should. I then upload the same image but upload to the right once again but, although it appears correctly in my file explorer (Windows 10), it appears a mirror image on the site (Pic 3) ( 3dcreations.uk/index.php/paint-pouring-art/product/9-ppa8x8-5 ). If I then upload the image again, rotating to the right once, it appears fine on the site.

This happens with all products - it appears to be the 'rotate right' for the second time and it is the same if I rotate the image to the left twice. It doesn't matter in what order the images are uploaded, its the action of rotating the image twice, either to the right or the left from the original image. Could this be a problem with file explorer even though it shows the image with the correct aspect?

I hope you can help.

Many thanks.

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13059
2 years 8 months ago #334742

Hi,

Images can have exif data. Usually that data is set by the device you used to take the picture (a camera, a phone):
www.exifdata.com/
www.itninja.com/blog/view/how-to-see-an-...in-windows-and-macos
HikaShop takes that exif data into account to generate the thumbnails of the images with code similar to this:
stackoverflow.com/questions/7489742/php-...d-adjust-orientation
So I suppose that the difference you see between the windows explorer and HikaShop is a difference between how the exif data is taken into account in the images.
I tried to look at your link but all I can see is an error:
i.imgur.com/wYLWVZi.png
So I can't say much more.

• Thank you received: 3
2 years 8 months ago #334749

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the explanation. I have tried a workround where I load the photo into 'Word' with the rotation I need and then save the image and upload to the site and this seems to work. However, it's such a long process especially as I have and will have up to 100 photos to upload in this way. I will take time to look into your response to better understand how the site deals with photos.

One question, how do I make the photos appear the same size without cropping them in the 'enlarge' window? I don't understand why you couldn't get the link to work - here it is again: 3dcreations.uk/index.php/paint-pouring-art/product/9-ppa8x8-5 .

As always, many thanks for your help!

Regards,

Simon

• Thank you received: 13059
2 years 8 months ago #334754

Hi,

To automate a process on images easily, I would recommend xnconvert:
www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/
It's free and it has load of options. And from what I know you can batch remove the meta data from the images with it.

I still can't access your link. I suppose that this error only happens in some cases. Note that I'm not logged in on your website when I access that page. So maybe you want to open your browser's private navigation mode and open that link with it, so that you get the error.
To fix the error, I'm not sure what you should do. The first thing to do is to reproduce the issue with the "debug mode" setting of the Joomla configuration activated to get more information on the error page. That should allow us to understand where the problem is coming from.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds