Oder from a wrong Country

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #334753

Hello

i have a question, in the early past we had in the store like if you register a new account...

You Choose a Country (selected by given countrys) and put the city in also Given...

But since it changed or i dont know to honest when it changed, people abroad like Guatamala, register under Hungary...
Is there a way to avoid that ? Except the mistake by a client ?

See screenshots

This what is on Country can we have that also on city ? A dropdown of the countrys (city) and if someoe check for example Hungary that they only can choose citys from hungary ?

Cause make no sense if a Client puts Guatamala as a city and just select in Country something like Hungary

see this screen

?

Can i somehow avoid that, they should uses citys which is in their countrys same reversed if they choose hungary they should ONLY be able to select citys in Hungary.

And a second question dont know if i need to make a new post, we do not ship overseas, means the order which we get should only be EU... but we have digital goods like Video Trainings, they should be available also to overseas people.

|| i guess i found the issue: address_city States :) was it i believe, then the seocn question would be more important :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Lilithay. Reason: Answered my self first question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 8 months ago #334756

Hi,

1. Note that you also have this plugin :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/247-address-auto-fill.html
It can help the customer enter his address without having to write it completely. So it's faster, and less error-prone.

2. You can set a weight in your shippable goods, and no weight for your digital goods.
Then, make sure that the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting is turned off in the Hikashop configuration.
Then, create a "EU" shipping zone with all the countries you want to ship to listed as sub zones in the System>Zones menu.
Finally, in your shipping methods (menu System>Shipping methods), select that EU shipping zone in the "zone" setting so that when the customer enters an address not in that EU shipping zone, no shipping methods will be found when shipping is necessary because at least one product has a weight in the cart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds