• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #335097

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera 78.0.4093.147

Hi,
we've run the pre-check for the Joomla 4 upgrade and a lot of Hikshop extensions are showing as having potential problems (e.g. mass action - see image). Can you let us know what to do to resolve this? Should we hold off on upgrading or do a fresh install?

Thanks,
Ian and Stu

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 8 months ago #335098

I am also worried as on the hompage it says that HikaShop is compatible with Joomla 3. But it does not say that it is compatible with Joomla 4.
I would appreciate an official statement as it might (sooner or later) affect a lot of us. Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 8 months ago #335103

Hi,

Support for Joomla 4 has been done a while back with HikaShop 4.4.0:
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/464-hikashop-4-4-0.html
I personnally use HikaShop on Joomla 4 (beta, then RC and now the final) PHP 8 since half a year on my main local development website and it works fine. We've also had several users already working on websites with the RC versions and HikaShop successfully in that time.
So no worries, HikaShop is compatible with Joomla 4.
I'm not sure how these upgrade checks are made. I suppose that they must check for code that isn't compatible with Joomla 4, like calls $app->isAdmin(). And we do have these here and there with a if on the Joomla version to do something else for Joomla 4.

Regarding the homepage, it's just that the text hasn't been updated yet there.
If you find other places where it is not updated do not hesitate to let us know.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Krautix

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds