Cridit or Debit card plugin not sending emails

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #335135

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox

Hi, I have had to swap to the PayPal Pro plug in for card payments.
I am now not getting an email sent to the customer confirming the payment ?

1. Have been using Hikashop for 10 years without issue and yes I have used the PayPal Pro plugin before without issue although a long time ago
2. Yes I have checked the Email History and nothing has been sent
3. PayPal Express is sending out payment received emails therefore I don't believe anything is wrong with the email system
4. Help with the PayPal Pro plugin is out of date therefore of little use? I'm assuming all the below is correct?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 8 months ago #335151

Hi,

With the PayPal Pro plugin, the customer enters the credit card information directly in your checkout, and the payment is made just before the order is created and thus the order is created directly with the verified status.
So the system will send the "order creation notification" email.
However, it won't send the "order status notification" email which is sent when the status of an order is changed (which is not the case here).
I suppose that you must have deactivated the "order creation notification" in the past in the menu System>Emails and thus your customers are not getting any email with that payment method.

So you just want to enable that email in System>Emails.

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #335152

Hi Nicolas, Correct I will change that, I have been using the Cardsave plugin and I get an email from them when a payment has been received which does not happen with PayPal Pro hence the confusion.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds