Clarifying emails for invoiced transactions

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #335223

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3

For my implementation, I allow users to either pay via paypal/credit card OR request to be invoiced. For our purposes, the request to be invoiced counts as a completed transaction, in that we then process the transaction and collect payment later.

So my question is this: The only email notification that would go out for those invoiced transactions would be the Order Creation Notification, correct? (We generally do not use that email, as it creates confusion with both an order creation and order confirmed emails)

If so, is there any other way to get an email notification to either the administrator or the customer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 8 months ago #335235

Hi,

For the "request to be invoiced" payment method, I would recommend using the "collect on delivery" payment plugin. It has options that will allow you to change the status of the order to "confirmed" and then send the order notification to the customer like a normal payment plugin (like PayPal for example) even though there is no payment notification. That way, you can keep using the "order status notification" email and leave the order creation notification deactivated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds