Cannot find affiliate button to create banner

• Thank you received: 5
2 years 7 months ago #335281

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.politikchronist.org
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 91.0.2 (64Bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : (no button)

Sorry, it took some time but now I am back with the restart of the installation. I would like to create a banner for a partner, but cannot find the affiliate button/link. (Prof Version). May be too stupid, but I searched quite a while.
I have defined a partner
I have defined a banner
but cannot find the link/button to create the banner link ... (hope you do not laugh at me)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 7 months ago #335285

Hello,

Do not worry, every question is a good question here.

Are you talking about the "Affiliate program" in which you can find your link here after logging in :
www.hikashop.com/my-account/affiliate-program.html

If not, can you give us more information about it through some screenshots for example ? thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

2 years 7 months ago #335293

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
If not, can you give us more information about it through some screenshots for example ? thank you.

Hello and thanks for caring.
Well I could create a banner with what I found on your help site manually. But I would miss the Preview. Therefore I thought there must be some sort fo page, similar to what you linked to me, where I can create banner and have a preview showing me the result. This is what I am missing. May be there is no such page in the system. This is why I cannot make screenshot, because I do not find this page. I an only send screenshots from "banner" page, "partner" page and "configuration" page, part "Affiliate".

I add a screenshot of the page "Banner" where I would have expected the banner generator, (partner ID to be added).
Thanks for your help.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 7 months ago #335306

Hi,

You need to create a menu item of the type "HikaShop affiliate program" via the Joomla menu manager and that will give you a menu item link to the page Mohamed was talking about.

2 years 7 months ago #335309

Thanks for telling me. I created a menu-item (see pic) but I am too stupid to find the menu.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 7 months ago #335313

Hi,

Well, you've added it to the "HikaShop default menus" menu. But I suppose you didn't create a menu module instance for that menu so the menu items in that menu won't appear on your frontend.
You can still access them by directly typing the URL:
mywebsite.com/xxx
where xxx is the alias of the menu item.
But otherwise, you probably just want to edit that menu item and change its "menu" setting to the "main" menu which is linked to your already existing menu module instance for the display of your menu items on the frontend.

2 years 7 months ago #335317

Thanks a lot for the explanation. In the meantime, I have created the banner manually by adding the partner ID. Now when using the link, I see always partner_ID=5, for any e-mail-address. But I think I have to change this to the partner_ID in the system. Right?

SORRY now I understood. One must login with the credentials of the partner to see the right data. Sorry it took so long for me to understand.

Best regards from Germany

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by politikchronist.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds