• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335290

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404

We're not sure when this started -- we haven't updated Joomla to 3.10.1 -- but we're getting 404 pages when we try to click on the images or links in our product display page. I tried installing manually the latest version of Hikashop, but that did not fix the problem. I cannot see anything in the settings that might have caused this issue, but obviously, this has brought sales to a complete halt. We haven't made any changes to that display page or to the product settings in over a year.

Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
2 years 7 months ago #335314

Hi,

In your HikaShop configuration, you have activated the "force canonical URLs on listings". So on the listings, instead of generating the URL of the product page for each product, it will directly use the URL you configured in the "canonical URL" field of your products.
So I suppose that you must have modified the structure of your menu items at some point, leading to some canonical URLs in your products being invalid.
For example, for the product "Combo: Employee OSHA Training Checklist and Exposure Incident Binders", I can see the URL /products/compliance-books-and-manuals/product/15-combo-employee-osha-training-checklist-and-exposure-incident-binders
So I suppose you have that URL as "canonical URL" of that product, and that you must have had previously a menu item "products" with a sub menu item "compliance-books-and-manuals" and that it is not the case anymore.
So you can either:
- empty the canonical URL of that product, so that HikaShop will generate a URL dynamically for that product again.
- modify the canonical URL of that product to use the aliases of the menu items you really have in your Joomla menu manager

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335315

OK, when you mentioned no longer having a menu option of that name, now I know what happened. My client let someone else work on the site, and that person changed the menus and thus broke the pages. I went ahead and changed the setting (you didn't mention where that setting is, but I found it) to "No, generate the URLs." Now I can see the product pages. I also have some CSS to update because what is displaying on the individual product page doesn't match the rest of the site.

Thanks for the prompt response, we are grateful. Have a good week!
Toolie

• Thank you received: 13068
2 years 7 months ago #335316

Hi,

Note that turning off that setting is a possible solution, however, if you don't fix the broken canonical URLs, search engines will reference the broken canonical URL instead of the new URL of the products. So while it's a quick fix for the customers, you still want to fix the canonical URLs with the two solutions I proposed above so that search engines can properly reference your products.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds