invoicenumber for free products

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #335334

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hi,

Is there a way to prevent the system to add an invoicenumber to an order with only a free product? There's no sense in making an invoice for € 0,00, accountant is not happy with that.:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
2 years 6 months ago #335336

Hi,

The invoice is only created based on the order status, it doesn't take into account the amount of the order.
However, free orders status stay with the "created" order status by default, and the invoice number is only generated when the order status changes to "confirmed" by default. So normally, without doing anything, what you want should already be the case.
I suppose that you must have activated the "free order validation" plugin and configured it to change the status of the order to "confirmed", which lead to the invoice number to be generated for free orders.
So the question is then why did you need to do that ?

Besides, while invoices for 0€ orders might not be needed in your case, it can be mandatory in some other cases. Please understand that the legislation is different in different countries and for different types of products, etc. What might sound stupid in your case might be necessary in someone else's case. Here are for example users desperately requesting for that capability for another software:
www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How...ce/td-p/56708/page/2
So I wouldn't say that "there's no sense in doing that".

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #335349

Hi Nicolas,

First, you are right, the free order validation plugin is activated. Not by me, I wasn't aware of this plugin, but maybe it was added after an update in the past. This is something I experienced several times before. I've started using Hikashop many years ago (2011) and I'm very happy with it and all the efforts you and your team are making for adding new features and solving problems to make it better every time.

But sometimes it;s difficult for users to see trough all the changes that are made in a latest version. And which options/fields are affected by these changes. Several times "normal" behavior was affected by these changes and we only noticed these after experiencing (some) problems on the frontend/backend. I understand it's impossible for you to forsee all the possible impacts on every situation, so this is not for you to blame, just explaining how this could happen. I disabled the plugin,, so problem solved I suppose.

I agree that "no sense" is just in my case, but I still can't see why anyone would have an invoice for a product of € 0,00 as an ordernumber would give the same information.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds