Hikashop connection with ERP

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336046

Hello,
I use Hikashop for several years and I am really very satisfied (I don't want to switch to another eshop software).
However, I am in a middle of an ERP agreement buy and I want to connect Hikashop with my new ERP software solution.
1) Is it possible to build this "bridge" software that connects ERP's database to Hikashop's one, so to auto update inventory, products's stock, ?
2) Can you take it for a fee or can you suggest me a good developer?
3) What do I have to notice in respect to ERP -before the buy- so as to be compatible the most to Hikashop?
Best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 6 months ago #336049

Hi,

1. Yes. There are several ways to do it.

2. While we do some custom development, our schedule is quite full at the moment. We have many third party developers that are partners ( www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html ), and other developers like brainforge.co.uk that can work on such a project.

3. The best is if your ERP can generate a CSV file and upload it automatically to the server where your website is. That way, you should be able to automatically import the CSV file with the plugin we have in HikaShop for that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...hop-import.html#cron
And thus, no need to spend hundreds of euros or more on the development of a specific integration with the ERP. I recon many HikaShop users do this.
If that's not possible with your ERP, then you need to make sure it has web services capability so that another server can access the data of the products through them. That way, a developer will be able to create a HikaShop plugin, implementing the onHikashopCronTrigger event as per our documentation ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html ) where he will be able to contact the web services to get the data from the ERP and then update the database.

The following user(s) said Thank You: xatzopou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds