Countries listed incorrectly

• Thank you received: 10
2 years 4 months ago #337916

-- url of the page with the problem -- : registration page
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.26

Problem is pretty self apparent. There must have gone something wrong during the initial setup of the site which has since been migrated to a different server and is on track to migrate to another one so i'd like to fix this first.

Countries have weird symbols between the brackets (probably due to not using UTF-8 database encoding at the time)

can this be fixed by running a simple sql query or something?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 4 months ago #337918

Hi,

Yes, the migration from the previous server must have messed with the encoding / charset of that text.
You can try following what is written here:
nicj.net/mysql-converting-an-incorrect-latin1-column-to-utf8/
However, that's quite complex to do and you'll be spending hours looking into it. And maybe it will not be possible to convert the text back to proper UTF8.
A simple solution would be to empty the table hikashop_zone via your PHPMyAdmin and then install the HikaShop install package. This will add back all the default zones.
Note however that if you created extra zones, you'll loose them when you empty the table, so you'll have to add them back, with the sub zones listing and then reconfigure the areas where you selected them (the "main tax zone" of the HikaShop configuration, the "zone" restriction of taxes, shipping methods, payment methods, coupons, etc).
A better way would be to export first the zones that you added (with the export tool in PHPMyAdmin), empty the table, install HikaShop and then import back the exported zones so that you can get them back with the exact same namekey.

I would recommend you try that on a copy of the website before doing it on a live website to avoid breaking things.

2 years 4 months ago #337936

No zone customization took place. Where can i find that zone package

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 4 months ago #337937

Hi,

You can find it in administrator/components/com_hikashop/_database/zones.sql
Once you empty the hikashop_zone table, you can run that sql file in your PHPMyAdmin and it will add back all the zones with the proper charset (the install of HikaShop install package basically does that for you).

2 years 4 months ago #337972

Excellent, I'll report back.

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Ch3vr0n.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds