How to activate VAT?

• Thank you received: 5
2 years 3 months ago #338287

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.politikchronist.org
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 94
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : How to activate VAT?

When installing the shop I managed to deactivate the VAT calculation, because in Germany we had the possibility for small business to choose "no VAT". Now from 1st of January I should activate the VAT but I do not find the right button. I cannot find where to define the "Default tax category". Sorry help urgently needed ;-)

I can chose "Default Tax category" or "Non" within the product description, and "Steuersatz" i.e. tax% is deactivated.

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by politikchronist. Reason: added info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
2 years 3 months ago #338291

Hi,

In the settings of each product you want to select the "default tax category" in the "tax category" setting.

Then, everything else happens in the System>Taxes menu where you can see a listing of your tax rules.
There, you can use the "manage tax rates" button to access the listing of tax rates. Make sure that you have your tax rate(s) configured there.
Then, on the listing of your tax rules, make sure you have at least one tax rule for that "Default tax category" tax category, and your tax rate for the zone where you want to charge taxes (or no zones if you want to charge taxes regardless of the location of the user).

The following user(s) said Thank You: politikchronist

• Thank you received: 5
2 years 3 months ago #338292

Thanks a lot. The problem is, that I cannot enter any rate for the Default tax category. When clicking on "rate" I cannot enter any rate. And I do not find the way to define rates. So stupid me.
I found on the help site:
"Then, by clicking on the Manage rates button on the taxations rules screen ( you will see this screen of you click on cancel on the page for which this documentation is for ), you will be able to create tax rates. For example you will create a rate of 5% which will be used for food sales and a 20% rate for electronics."
But there is no "Manage rates" button when I leave the page as described .... Something is missing ....
puuuuuu I found it .... I found the manage rates Button. .... sorry to bother you folks. The button was on a position I did not expect...
SORRRY

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by politikchronist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Thank you received: 611
2 years 3 months ago #338305

Hello,

No worries and happy to read that you have find your solution !
We remain at your disposal.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds