Shipping is Being Taxed

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
1 year 11 months ago #341159

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.X
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Current

Please see attached. I can't figure out how to keep the cost of shipping from being taxed.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 11 months ago #341160

Hi,

In the settings of the shipping methods, you have several tax settings. You need to turn off "automatic taxes" and set the "tax category" to "none" in your shipping methods.
Also, you need to not have tax rules without a tax category in the System>Taxes menu if you don't want them to be taken into account for tax calculations on shipping methods without a tax category.

1 year 11 months ago #341173

OK, I turned off "Automatic taxes on all shipping methods. I also set the tax category to "None".

No no taxes appear on orders. Taxes should be 7.25% on all orders. I guess I am still missing something. I appreciate your help.

1 year 11 months ago #341174

Hi,

Wait, you said that you didn't want taxes ?
Do you mean that you want taxes of 7.25% only on the products ?
That's possible. You need to have one tax rule in the menu System>Taxes configured on the default tax category with a tax rate of 7.25%. Then, you just need to make sure your products have their "tax category" set to the default tax category so that the tax rule will apply to them.

If you're having trouble with these, please provide a screenshot of the settings of a product for which it doesn't work and a screenshot of what you have in System>Taxes.

1 year 11 months ago #341187

Yippee! All is working and we are live.

The only thing I still need to figure out is how to put the label, "Tax", on the invoice/order notification.

Thank you for your patience.

Bruce

1 year 11 months ago #341191

Hi,

The label of the tax is the "namekey" that you've configured for your tax rate via the "manage tax rates" button of the System>Taxes menu.
So you'll want to create a new tax rate with the namekey you want to be displayed on the invoice and then in your tax rules, change from the previous tax rate to the new one.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds