• Thank you received: 2
1 year 10 months ago #342466

-- url of the page with the problem -- : quollbooks.com.au/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Microsoft Edge 102.0.1245.41
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Extensions Pre-Update Check
Extension does not offer a compatible version for the selected target version of Joomla. This could mean the extension does not use the Joomla update system or the developer has not provided compatibility information for this Joomla version yet.

The Joomla Pre-Update Check for Hikashop says:
Extension does not offer a compatible version for the selected target version of Joomla. This could mean the extension does not use the Joomla update system or the developer has not provided compatibility information for this Joomla version yet.

Is Hikashop 4.6.0 compatible with Joomla 4.1.4? If so, why doesn't the Joomla Pre-Update Check say so? If not, when will this be fixed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 10 months ago #342470

Hi,

HikaShop is compatible with Joomla 4 since HikaShop 4. And yes, HikaShop 4.6.0 is compatible with Joomla 4.1.4.
I'm not sure why the pre-update check would say otherwise. You can just ignore it for HikaShop. We've been compatible with Joomla 4 since the first release candidate, before the first release so no worries, it will work.

• Thank you received: 2
1 year 9 months ago #343106

Hi,

I tried an update to Joomla 4 ignoring the error messages but it was a disaster. The website became inaccessible. Fortunately, I was able to restore it from a backup.

Now I am want to try the update again. While the problems may well have been due to components other than HikaShop, I am being much more careful this time.

The "Pre-Update Check for Joomla 4.1.5" (in one place) lists the the HikaShop Component as one which "The extension developer states that the currently installed version is compatible". However (in another place) the Pre-Update Check lists about 100 plugins as problems - no version number and no compatibility information. This is most concerning. Can you update the plugins so that the Joomla Pre-Update Check can get version numbers and compatibility information?

When I proceeded to Live Update, some more serious messages were displayed (see attachment): "There are plugins installed and enabled that could interfere with the Joomla upgrade and result in a failed upgrade that leaves the site inaccessible. You are strongly advised to upgrade, disable or uninstall these plugins before upgrading." Four HikaShop plugins were listed:
HikaShop massaction plugin
HikaShop Payment Notification plugin
HikaShop product tag translation plugin
HikaShop user synchronization plugin

I have successfully disabled these plugins, so they are no longer listed as likely to result in a failed upgrade that leaves the site inaccessible. Are these plugins needed for the HikaShop Component to work correctly?

Could you do something to fix these plugins so they are no longer listed as a problem likely to likely to result in a failed upgrade that leaves the site inaccessible?

David

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 9 months ago #343111

Hi,

The user synchronization plugin is an important plugin which should be left enabled. Otherwise, HikaShop won't work properly.
The other plugins are less useful, so you can disable them.
However, these plugins are not your problem.
As long as HikaShop is up to date, these plugins are also up to date and thus they will work fine with Joomla 4, regardless of what the pre check system says. Note also that the pre check system doesn't say that these plugins won't work. It doesn't know. And I can guarantee you these will work on Joomla 4. We have thousands of merchants already using HikaShop on Joomla 4.

Your upgrade problems are from somewhere else. As I said, HikaShop AND its plugins are compatible with Joomla 4.
Of course, even if HikaShop works fine on Joomla 4, if you have other extensions on your website, they also need to be compatible.
Also, if you have customized your HikaShop, then your HikaShop view overrides might not be compatible with Joomla 4.
What you need to do is to setup a copy of the live website, do the update on the copy and check what error messages you have after the update. With the "debug" setting of the Joomla configuration activated, it will tell you where the errors come from. And if you can provide them, we can tell you what to do.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds