Plugin Reminder

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345224

Hi Nicolas!!
Do you have any update?
I’m worried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345237

Hi Oxido.
¿Are you working with Joomla 4?

• Thank you received: 13068
1 year 6 months ago #345244

Hi,

I did some tests today but the plugin seems to be working fine.
If I check the Customers>Emails history, I can see several "order reminder" emails sent for an order that was created but not paid.
Regarding the carts, all the carts I found had their "cart_reminded" flag already set to 1 in the database. I'm not sure why that is as this should only be set by the plugin when a cart reminder email is about to be sent for it.
Could you check that column cart_reminded in the hikashop_cart table in your database ? Normally, the default value should be 0.
Also, someone will only be notified for his cart if the cart is older than the "cart waiting period", more recent than the "cart max waiting period", if he didn't place any order after the cart last modification and if he wasn't already notified for a cart from the beginning of the cart max waiting period to now.

Also, I still found the same issue with your cron task URL. I had to add an extra different parameter each time I was triggering the cron to avoid caching.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345246

I don't know much about databases.
In the hikashop_cart table I have found the cart_reminded column.
You can see the data in the attached screenshot. In theory almost all have value 0.
The only thing I can guarantee is that my plugin configuration is the same as it was in Joomla 3, but now it does not send the reminders.
Regarding the cache, even completely disabling the cache on the server for the entire page, it still does not send the reminders.
Thanks!!

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345249

Screeshot

1 year 6 months ago #345253

Hi,

I don't see the screenshot on your message.
Could you maybe provide an access to the database so that I can check the situation there ?

Regarding the caching, I'm not saying that it causes the reminder plugin not sending reminder emails. It does for the orders, so it means the plugin is being triggered by the cron task. But just that when testing and triggering the cron task every minute or so, the caching was still preventing me from triggering the cron task unless I changed the parameters in the URL.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345261

What do you need?
Is enought name database, username and password?
I wouldn't know how to give you access otherwise.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345263

From the Siteground control panel I have sent you access as a contributor.
You will have received an email in This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Can you confirm it for me?

1 year 6 months ago #345267

Thanks.

So first, since no cart reminder email left your website, I went in the database and set all the cart_reminded to 0 with a MySQL query.
Then, when I triggered the cron task, instead of getting a blank page with the messages from the cron plugins, I got the same error as www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/905038-c...r/345123.html#344894

So now it all makes sense. The process is like this in the plugin:
- the plugin get the id of the carts which match the restrictions set in the plugin
- the plugin set the their cart_reminded flag to 1
- the plugin, for each cart, load the cart data and send the reminder email
And after the plugin finishes, the cron system generates the report
However, the error from AwoCoupon was triggering while the plugin was loading the cart data of the first email to be sent, so after the flag was set to 1 but before it was loading/sending the email. And thus, you ended up in the situation where the carts were flagged as sent but nothing was sent. And since the error removed the report, and the carts were already flagged as sent, you couldn't see the error from AwoCoupon anymore.

So I've modified the code of the plugin so that the flag of each cart is set only after the email is loaded and just before the email sent. That way, the cart flags won't be set to 1 if an error occurs while the email is being generated. This also means that the cron task won't work anymore since each time it will trigger, the reminder plugin will try to send the notification email for the first cart in line and it will crash.

So, the solution will be to contact AwoCoupon to report the error since I can see you already have the latest version of AwoCoupon installed :
i.imgur.com/5NAGggV.png

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345268

Hi Nicolas!!
I,m writing to Seyi from Awocoupon.
When he will write me, I’ll talk you.
Thanks!!

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345302

Hi Nicolas.
Seyi has modified the code in the awocoupon.php file and everything works normally.
Thank you very much.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds