1 year 5 months ago #346328

-- url of the page with the problem -- : empowermind.dk/shop
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Version 107.0.5304.88
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

Hi
we use the Hikashop ePay Payment Plugin in our shop. It seems to have some compatibility issue with PHP 8.0. When we upgrade the backend database from PHP 7.4 to 8.0 the payment is accepted in frontend and customer gets an confirmation on the screen. Even get a link to a pdf for download where it is stated that payment has been accepted and transaction completed. But in the mail forwarded to customer from the hikashop system, it says that the shop has registered the purchase, and will forward a download mail and link when payment has been registered.
In hikashop backend the order is only registered as created and not confirmed. The shopowner has not registered any payment and therefore it looks like the transaction has not gone through.
When we downgrade to version PHP 7.4, the system changes the transaction to confirmed and sends automatically a confirmation email to the customer. And the shopowner can see a that the tranaction has been completed. Payment received.

Please look into this issue

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 5 months ago #346332

Hi,

It's hard to say where it comes from like that.
When the order's status is changed from "created" to "confirmed", a lot of things is happening and the problem is not necessarily in the payment plugin.
If there is a problem at that point, the error message won't appear on your screen. However, it will be logged by PHP in the PHP error log file. Could you please look into it for the error message ?
It would help us understand where the problem is.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 5 months ago #346340

thanks for your reply.
Sorry for my ignorance. Where do I find the PHP error log file?

1 year 5 months ago #346344

Hi,

I can't say for sure. It depends on how your server is setup. You should check with your hosting company support if you don't know. They'll be able to tell you.

1 year 5 months ago #346753

I am sorry, my webhotel one.com cannot provide information from PHP error log, neither is it possible to create one.
Apparently I am stuck and cannot get further. Unless you have other suggestions.
Thanks

1 year 5 months ago #346756

Hi,

Then, try activating the "debug" setting of the Joomla configuration, and manually changing the order status to confirmed for an order in your backend. Do you get any error message displayed on the screen ?

1 year 4 months ago #347380

sorry but we don't get any error message when confirming manually a purchase.
We contacted Bambora (former Epay) about the issue, The told us that they do not support any pay plugins with hikashop.
The said the ePay plugin they have developed long time ago, but they think someone at Hikashop as developed it further. In your system you a Bambora plugin whhich cost euro 50,- Bambora has not developed that thier e-comerce department says. They would never charged their costumers for plugins.
So is this correct that the epay plugin which is included in the setup is developed and supported by hikashop?

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Flakholm.

1 year 4 months ago #347381

Hi,

HikaShop indeed includes an ePay plugin for epay.dk and we do indeed support it. Note that it is free, since it is included in HikaShop.
However, as I said earlier, a lot of things happens when a payment plugin changes an order's status from created to confirmed.
The problem might actually not be in the payment plugin at all.

We're happy to help you solve the issue but first we need to better understand the situation. That's why we're asking you all this questions.

So in the history of the order which was not changed to "confirmed" automatically after the payment, what do you see ? Could you provide a screenshot ? Also, in the epay payment method, there is a "debug" setting. Can you activate it and try again a payment ? It should write interesting debug information in the "payment log file" you can access in the main tab of the HikaShop configuration.

1 year 3 months ago #347935

hello Nicolas,
sorry for my delay in replying. I must have overlooked a notification mail from the system.
We still have the issue with missing automatic conformation when customers are paying with creditcard. This issue started when we were foreced to upgrade to php version 8.0.
Concerning your question: So in the history of the order which was not changed to "confirmed" automatically after the payment, what do you see ? Could you provide a screenshot ? yes I can provide a screenshot, but not sure I it will help you. it will only show that the order is "created". At the moment we have to go in manually in the system of the payment provider (ePay/Bambora)) to check if payment as been confirmed. When this has been confirmed visually, we changed the order to confirmed manually in order for the customer to get an email with active links to their download order.

Concerning the debug function, I need some more help from you were to find this as well as the log file. I have searched the syetm, but cannot see where this is to be found.

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Flakholm. Reason: misspelling and upload image file

1 year 3 months ago #347937

Hi,

When you click on the order number of an order on the orders listing, you access the order details page. At the bottom of that page, you have the history area. I would like a screenshot of that area.

Regarding the debug, go in the menu System>Payment methods and open the settings page of your payment method. There, you should have an option labelled "debug" that you can activate. Once done, and after an order with the issue, go in the HikaShop configuration page, and in the "Files" section, you'll see the "payment log file" setting where you can check the log added by the debug of the payment plugin.

1 year 3 months ago #348044

]Hi Nicolas
please find a screenshot of history for an order created and confirmed manually (from taday), It only says the order is created even if crreditcard payment was accepted. We have to go manually into Bambora system to actually see if payment was ok.
We also offer some files for free. This is confirmed without any issue.

Please also find uploaded the payment log file. I hope you can read it, because it is all greek to me :-)

kind regards Michael

ps. payment log file is around 40 mb, sp I cannot upload it.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Flakholm.

1 year 3 months ago #348046

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot.
Could you provide the log file via an upload service like wetransfer.com/ ?

1 year 3 months ago #348082

1 year 3 months ago #348087

Hi,

From what I can read in it, either:
- you've selected "created" instead of "confirmed" in the "verified status" setting of the epay payment method
- you've entered a MD5 Key different in the settings of the epay payment method than the one in your epay merchant account
- there is a plugin or an email override with some code incompatible with PHP8 and generating an error

So go in the menu System>Emails and check the custom columns of the different order notification emails. If there are customizations, try disabling the emails temporarily and try again. If it works, it will confirm that it comes from the customized code in one of the emails.
If it's not the emails, it could be an old plugin which fails when the order status is being confirmed. It could be any published plugin of the groups "hikashop", "hikashoppayment", hikashopshipping" or "system". Disabling them one by one to test which one is the problem could be tried.
However, as there are many of them, I thiknk another methodology could be tried. Supposing it is indeed an error in a plugin due to PHP8, the error will be logged in the PHP error log. So do a test payment and just after look at the end of the PHP error log. There, you should see a Fatal error message with the line number and file path where the problem is.

1 year 3 months ago #348089

thanks for your reply.
I will look through your differents suggestions:
- you've selected "created" instead of "confirmed" in the "verified status" setting of the epay payment method - my reply to this would be that the system does not recognize that a creditcard payment was approved, so the order stays in position "created", until we have checked that the payment actually was accepted and then we changed it to confirmed manually. Before when in pgp 7,4 this was done automatically. It is as if the payment plugin, does not receive any signal that a credicard payment was approved.
Concerning different merchant number, I will have to verify this, but that does not explain why it worked correctly when it was in php 7.4.
- secondly, to check with the PHP error log, this is not possible, the webhost, one.com does not offer this possibility. They don't allow their clients acces to the PHP erro log, neiter the possibility to set this set up manually.

1 year 3 months ago #348092

Hi,

It is as if the payment plugin, does not receive any signal that a credicard payment was approved.

No, the log you provided shows that the plugin is receiving that "signal".

different merchant number

It's not the merchant number but the md5 key. And I also think it's not this since otherwise changing the PHP version wouldn't change anything. But it's good to check.

Without being able to check the PHP error log, then it's a problem. The payment notification is not displayed to the browser but it is requested by the payment gateway. The payment gateway might see the error message in their logs but if the "error reporting" is turned off in the Joomla configuration or is forced by the hosting, then they won't see anything, and that's only if they log the response from the payment notification (you can ask your payment gateway support, just in case). And if that doesn't bear any fruits, you can always deactivate the plugins one by one. But that will be a chore to test payments with dozens of plugins disabled once at a time... Of course, you can narrow it down to plugins not pre installed with HikaShop. And before that, checking the email notifications is also a good idea.

1 year 3 months ago #348298

It's not the merchant number but the md5 key. And I also think it's not this since otherwise changing the PHP version wouldn't change anything. But it's good to check.

Please elaborate why we need a md5 key? That field is empty! Do we then miss some information?

Attachments:

1 year 3 months ago #348300

Hi,

I think you might be able to leave the MD5 Key empty. However, it needs to be empty on the merchant account settings of your payment gateway too for that to work.
Also, this means that anyone (well, they need some solid skills in PHP and to understand the code of the payment plugin, so not really anyone, but I would be able to do it in a few minutes, to give you an example) could be able to change the status of the orders to confirmed as long as they send to your website the correct HTTP request. The MD5 Key allows you to make sure that only the payment gateway itself can do that. So as a precaution, it should be filled both on the payment method settings page and the merchant account, with the same value.

1 year 3 months ago #348310

hi,

so in few words the md5 key is rather important for security reasons? But the missing key number is not the reason that the order is changed automatically to confirmed, I pressume?

1 year 3 months ago #348312

Hi,

It could if you had a different MD5 key filled in the merchant account and in the payment method. In that case, the payment notifications from the payment gateway would be refused by the payment plugin.
But with the MD5 key empty in the payment method, it will skip the check so indeed, I think your issue doesn't come from that.
That's also why I was talking about other plugins on the website in a previous message.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds