production and dev databases merge

• Thank you received: 2
1 year 1 month ago #349947

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.8
-- PHP version -- : 8.0

Hi,
i have worked on a development server to move from joomla 3.9 to 4.2 and to hikashop 4.7.1 A lot was changed in the development database.
I am almost ready to move to production, but the i need to "merge" the production and development database.
I did not change any of the products, taxes, categories... . The only things i suppose i need to update are the new products purchased with the invoices, bills...
Could you please tell me what tables i need to update. For these ones, can i just empty all the "development" tables and insert the ones coming from the production? What do you recommend?
Also since i need to add all the new joomla users (that registered in the meantime), i assume that i have to insert the first since some ids would be used by your tables. Is that right?
Regards
Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
1 year 1 month ago #349953

Hi,

Indeed, you'll have to first make sure you have the new users on your dev website.
You should be able to do it in the database but I'm not entirely sure of all the tables involved.
it's not just the users table. There is also the table linking the users and the user groups.
As a simple alternative, you have extensions to move users from one website to another:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/import-export-users-for-joomla/
But that might be overkill.
Next you have the HikaShop order data. You'll want to move the table hikashop_user, hikashop_address, hikashop_order, hikashop_order_product, hikashop_history and hikashop_download (the last one only if you sell downloadable files)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds