Updating an old website

• Thank you received: 4
9 months 1 week ago #354918

-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.11
-- PHP version -- : 5.4

Hi,
I've had a search trying a few different keywords but can't find an explanation for my specific issue.

I have inherited an old website (Joomla 2.5.11) running HikaShop [1308091113].

I would like to revive the online shop from the old website, installing it on my current (different) website (Joomla 4.3.4).

My question is, if I install a blank copy of HikaShop for the current Joomla version, will I be able to import the data from the old website without any fundamental issues? The current website is running correctly.

Or is there a better, more correct, way of doing this?

I do have Phoca Cart installed as I've been testing it, but if I can install and import the old data over, it would save a huge amount of time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13138
9 months 1 week ago #354920

Hi,

What you can do is this:
- migrate the Joomla user accounts from one website to the other with the tool of your choosing. If you don't, the users won't be able to login to access their order history, and purchase again with their Joomla user account. They'll have to either purchase as a guest or create a new account. There are several extensions on the Joomla Extensions Directory to be able to do that.
- export the hikashop tables of your old database via your PHPMyAdmin.
- if the table prefix is not the same on both website (setting in the Joomla configuration), you need to edit the exported file with notepad and replace the prefix of the tables to use the new website one.
- import the file in your new database via your PHPMyAdmin.
- install the latest version of HikaShop and skip the installation wizard. When doing so, HikaShop will link the users with the Joomla user accounts if possible, fix the tables to use the new structure, etc.
- you also want to download/upload the files / folders in media/com_hikashop/upload/ and images/com_hikashop/upload/ from the old website to the new website in order to get the product and category images, as well as other files you might have uploaded through HikaShop on the old website.

Once all that is done, you can just configure HikaShop menu items and / or HikaShop modules via the menus / modules Joomla manager in order to access the categories / products / cart / checkout etc and you should be good to go. You'll probably have a few things to configure / update like the checkout workflow or the HikaShop cart notification plugin as these were not available in the old version of HikaShop you were using and thus might have a different default behavior than what you had configured in your old HikaShop.

9 months 1 week ago #354939

Great, thanks for the quick reply and in depth info.

Importing users is not a problem, as I only want to import the product information. I'll try this out today, and report back as to how it went incase others are looking for the same information.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

9 months 1 week ago #354962

I've just tried the update...

I exported the old tables, replaced the table prefix, and imported into the new website's dbase.

When I installed from web, I got the following error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ' ADD`product_condition` varchar(255) NULL' at line 1

So I installed once more and everything come in green - no errors.

All the products etc are accessible, and I just need to copy over the images.

Thanks for your help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds