• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
8 months 3 weeks ago #355247

-- url of the page with the problem -- : artisan-pens.com/index.php/home
-- HikaShop version -- : Essential: 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ';' or '{' in /home/pens/domains/artisan-pens.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/pluginCompat.php on line 16

I applied the upgrade to V5 from within Joomla, mow when I go to my site front page I get '
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ';' or '{' in /home/pens/domains/artisan-pens.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/pluginCompat.php on line 16'

The same message appears when I select Hikashop from Administrator Components.

I have tried uploading the com_hikashop_essential_v5.0.0_2023-09-18_14-07-57.tar.gz to 'extensions manage install' and after a few seconds it just comes up with 'error'

Is there any way to uninstall Hikashop and re-install without loosing the data?

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13138
8 months 3 weeks ago #355249

Hi,

Edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/pluginCompat.php via FTP and replace its content by this :

<?php class hikashopJoomlaPlugin extends JPlugin{} ?>
That should allow you to access your website normally.

The issue is linked to the changes we made for the support of Joomla 5, which required code which can't be compatible with PHP5 to be loaded at some point. So, following your report, I've now made a patch so that this bit of code is only parsed when using Joomla 4 or greater. Since Joomla 4 can't work on PHP5, it will fix the problem.
So once you get back access to your website with the change mentioned above, you can download the install package of HikaShop 5 again on our website and install it on yours and it will work without that error.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
8 months 3 weeks ago #355251

Thanks very much, that worked

Regards

Nick

Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Pens.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds