Issue with quantity input on product pages

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 days ago #358696

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.03
-- Joomla version -- : 4.41

While I'm on it, here is another small but pesky issue which also may be a bug.
In the product page, after customer adds product, customer can increase the quantity. There are a variety of different display options, but the only foolproof ones are "simple" and "select by price."
All the other ones are "jittery."
You press the up icon once, quantity is increased to 3.
Press it again, quantity increases to 12.
Then to 25.
And so forth.
Several clicks of "up" can result in quantities in the hundreds.
The increment appears to be exponential, although not exactly, precisely so.
From experimentation, I found that this only happens when we use default product layout.
When we select tabular product page layout, there are no issues.
Also, always, quantity selection works normally on the cart page. No "jitters." All quantity display options work.
So there is some kind of weird interaction between default layout and the graphical quantity selectors.
We want to be able to use the graphical selectors (up and down arrows), because they are the most mobile friendly.
And there are some advantages of the default layout, versus tabular.
We do expect a lot of business via phones, so we need to use whichever method works best for that. There too, we prefer the default layout to tabular.
Something tells me I am not the only one who has experienced this.
Thanks as always for any insight into what's going on.
-Jim Gribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 612
3 months 1 day ago #358713

Hello,

We will need more elements to better understand the situation, follow me step by step :
- Can you process some test with a default template to see if that solve your issue
=> Make your returns about this test.
- Precise which quantity type is affected by your problem and any details (settings) that will allow us to reproduce your issue on our localhost.

Regards

Last edit: 3 months 1 day ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358724

I did switch over to default Cassiopea template and that is not the problem. I can categorically exclude that as the source. The issue persisted.
In default layout, no method which employs the plus or minus/up-down icons works properly.
Also, when one clicks the minus icon, it adds a bunch of products instead of subtracting.
Try it yourself right here: jimg74.sg-host.com/standard-tube-stanchions-buy-online
Again, this behavior is restricted to default layout of product page. Cart page is unaffected. Tabular view product page unaffected.
Nicolas has a HIKA login for our developmental copy of site if you want to look.
In case I did something wrong in my customizations, could someone give me a copy of the default Hika custom CSS so I can drop that in and test if it's maybe something there? I neglected to save a copy of the native file and there have been some stylistic alterations to make Hikashop look and behave like the rest of the website.
Thank you,
-Jim G.

Last edit: 3 months 1 day ago by jgribble.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358728

Just to follow up... I was able to hide the numerator on the product page but have it still show in the cart page where everything works as it should. If you turn it off in the product settings, it also hides the numerator in the cart. Which we couldn't have. The two are connected. I just used some down and dirty CSS which hides it in the product.

.hikashop_quantity_form {
display: none;
}

-JG

3 months 1 day ago #358756

Hello,

We find the root issue, you have activate the "Synchronized add to cart", switch it to "Off" and it will solve your issue.

Now, in order to explain you this option can't work when you have a product with lots of options associated, and unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't seem to us that you really need this option given your frontend.
Regards

Last edit: 3 months 1 day ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358763

Hey thank you, Philip. But I don't think this is the problem. I have always had that turned off.

Anyway, it's a low priority now that we simply have hidden the field in the product page. But there may come a time when we really would like to employ it.

-Jim G.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 1 day ago by jgribble.

3 months 1 day ago #358769

Hello,

I think there is a misunderstanding, I deactivated this option.
Regards

• Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358778

Gee, sorry, I didn't know you had logged in. Thanks for taking of it! Hikashop support is the best.
Maybe I will give it a try now...
-Jim Gribble

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

3 months 17 hours ago #358790

Hello,

Don't worry, I should have told you that I allowed you to change this parameter.
regards

• Hikashop Business
3 months 10 hours ago #358815

I did republish the field and now everything works perfectly, thank you. Making a note to always leave that setting off.
jimg74.sg-host.com/buy-j105-bowpulpits-s...s-lifelinestanchions
-Jim G

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds