• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
1 month 3 weeks ago #359485

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Brave 1.63.165
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Is there a way to retain the description detail properties of a .jpg image? I filled out the description and origin sections of a product .jpg properties and dropped it into the New Product. But when I downloaded the same image from the front end, the details were missing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 3 weeks ago #359487

Hi,

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Could you provide some screenshots to illustrate the situation and the issue ?

• Hikashop Essential
1 month 3 weeks ago #359489

Here is a screenshot of the .jpg image properties.

Attachments:

• Hikashop Essential
1 month 3 weeks ago #359490

After dropping the image into the new Hikashop product and then downloading the image from the front end, the .jpg property details look like the attached image.

Attachments:

• Hikashop Essential
1 month 3 weeks ago #359492

SOLVED! I discovered that if I go to the image view and view the zoomed image, then download that image, the image property details are correct. It's the resized image that does not have the full property details. However, what I'm concerned about is whether or not search engines will read or even consider what is in the property details. If search engines don't pay any attention to it, then it's a mute point.

1 month 3 weeks ago #359491

Hi,

Can you provide the URL of the product page where that image is displayed on your frontend so that we can look at the situation please ?
I'm thinking that you might be looking at the properties of a thumbnail generated from the original image and not the original image itself.
The original image itself on the product page should still have the same properties, unless you've configured the "Image resize during upload (width x height)" setting so that it processes the image during the upload. Could you provide a screenshot of the settings under the Images section of the HikaShop configuration ?

• Hikashop Essential
1 month 3 weeks ago #359496

I am working on "localhost," so you won't have access to the URL. However, you are right. I discovered the problem is only with the thumbnails. The full size image, as viewed from the product listing "zoomed" image still retains the information. I was only concerned that if search engines use the .jpg details property, they might miss it, but if they don't use them, it doesn't matter.

Thank you for your time.-

1 month 3 weeks ago #359493

Hi,

They mostly take into account the ALT attribute of the img tag and the filename of the image. The ALT can be provided by filling the name of the image in the popup which opens when you click on the image while you're editing the product in the backend. So that's where you should put your focus on.

Also, even if the properties data is useful for SEO (which is debatable based on what I could read online, on the product page), HikaShop has a meta tag to provide the URL of the original image as the image of the product to search engines as part of the microdata standard. So search engines will take into account the original image with the properties data in it. So you don't need to be worried about the thumbnails missing the properties data.

Finally, copying the properties data from the original image to the thumbnail is actually quite complex to do in PHP as it is not supported by default and thus would require a heavy third party library to be added to HikaShop, for something not that useful in the first place.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alcohee

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds