Weird extra page generated

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaauction Standard
1 week 6 days ago #360358

-- url of the page with the problem -- : magister-makelaars.nl/oostertuinen-21-be...onklaan-61-beverwijk
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error messages

On my website I have 4 Hikashop/Hikaauction pages, this are the correct URLs generated by menu items which point to their product page in Hikashop:
magister-makelaars.nl/prinses-beatrixlaa...tgeest-online-bieden
magister-makelaars.nl/wethouder-c-kromst...tgeest-online-bieden
magister-makelaars.nl/hans-van-kildonkla...erwijk-online-bieden
magister-makelaars.nl/oostertuinen-21-beverwijk-online-bieden

When I was going through Google, I noticed a weird page in the search results, a page I do not want: magister-makelaars.nl/oostertuinen-21-be...onklaan-61-beverwijk
It seems to be a combination of 2 correct URLs. All 4 of the products (in my case real estate properties) are listed there. 2 of the 4 properties also get a wrong URL there if you click on them, for instance: magister-makelaars.nl/oostertuinen-21-be...romstraat-1-uitgeest This is again a weird combination of 2 products.

How do I get rid of the weird URL and the pages? It also shows up in the search results instead of the actual correct URL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 week 6 days ago #360359

Hi,

You can't get rid of the page.
What you can do though is to provide the URL you would like to be indexed instead.
For that, go in the products listing of your backend, and click on the "root" link on the left side explorer.
There, click on the "product category" category in order to edit it.
There, you can provide the URL you want to be indexed instead in the "canonical URL" field.
That way, when a crawler like Google tries to index the wrong URL, it will see that canonical URL provided in the headers of the page, which will tell it that you don't want the current wrong URL to be indexed and that it should instead index that other URL you provided in the "canonical URL".
Then, you just have to ask Google to re index that wrong URL and once it does, it will be removed from the search results.

• Hikaauction Standard
1 week 6 days ago #360370

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply. I will change the URL of the root folder to something else so that hopefully Google will skip it. Just tried to do this but clicking on root and/product category does not open any options whre I can enter a URL.

Another problem is that the root page also creates extra weird URLs where 2 products/properties are combined, both in the URL itself as on the page it creates: the topbar of Oostertuinen 21 is shown at the pages of other products while it is also set to the menu item of Oostertuinen..
This happens here: magister-makelaars.nl/oostertuinen-21-be...trixlaan-36-uitgeest
I have several extra URLs now that I do not want people to see and that should not be indexed.
oostertuinen-21-beverwijk-online-bieden/woning/prinses-beatrixlaan-36-uitgeest

The fact that Google found this root page - that was unknown to me - actually made my real page disappear from Google.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 week 6 days ago #360371

Hi,

You need to click on "root" in the explorer. Then, it will display the "product category" on the right side categories listing.
You need to edit the "product category" with the edit icon on the categories listing, not in the explorer.

Regarding your second question, note that you also have a "canonical URL" setting in each product. So you want to enter the main URL of the product in that setting. That way, search engines will only take this URL into account.

The following user(s) said Thank You: chaldama

• Hikaauction Standard
1 week 6 days ago #360377

Thank you, found it. I think the other pages had weird urls because of the general setting to create a connocial URL if no one was specified. I hope the main page will fade out in Google.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds